Power Rangers (1993-2009)

AlbertV

ThunderScore

Like everything in RPM, I need to get used to it - the Gold and Silver Rangers are kinda dopey, but I hope they'll grow on me.

I also think the ULTRAMAN series is very enjoyable, at least until the last 15 years or so, when every time I'd turn around there'd be yet another variation of the same thing. I like the original and the original "Ultra" Brothers; don't really care for Ultraman Biff or Ultraman whoever...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me wonder...did Gem and Gemma come from Bel-Air and hung around a little too much with Carlton???? ROFL

Killer Meteor

Well here's something you might like:

c8916e4c7224eaa77143adda142ce4686cb9b2c7.jpg

And Remember...

dd626694a27812cfeb9a76752fa1148afb981323.jpg

I have to ask...how do they see out of those masks?

52816c45752ae1a27bcb2e9ab1944a7e054082d5.jpg

b4c16d4a7627e4a571bcb571a4f74fefab8f7377.jpg

What about INFRA-MAN?

477363e241257a502d43e301add37232aa8fd387.jpg

INFRA MAN WAS THE SHIT!! and thanks for the pics...that was the original american big box put out in the 80s for the vhs...think it was K.I.D.S entertainment or something. horrible transfer, but who cares when you are a kid.

and ultraman was simply great to watch at 630 in the morn when i was a kid. woke me right up!

also, bruce le was in infra man. that made it cooler. Huang Chien Lung is his real name, or not...i don't know

ThunderScore
thanks for the pics...that was the original american big box put out in the 80s for the vhs...think it was K.I.D.S entertainment or something. horrible transfer, but who cares when you are a kid.

and ultraman was simply great to watch at 630 in the morn when i was a kid. woke me right up!

You're right - the art was from the Prism VHS Clamshell sleeve. The art is actually from the second ad campaign that Joseph Brenner did. Instead of "The Man Beyond Bionics" it was something like, "The Star of the Wars..." I think Ken Barr did the art... and although not shown, there were people running at the bottom of the poster taken from LOGAN'S RUN...

god thunderscore...we are such nerds

i do wish i snagged the bigbox for inframan. my local video store gave me the poster when i was about 7.....sadly it was destroyed in a flood.

damn nature

Yeah Bruce Le's real name is (Cantonese) Wong Kin-Lung.

Inframan was a great campy film and come on, where else are you gonna see Danny Lee play a superhero of this caliber??? :D

ThunderScore
Yeah Bruce Le's real name is (Cantonese) Wong Kin-Lung.

Inframan was a great campy film and come on, where else are you gonna see Danny Lee play a superhero of this caliber??? :D

...and the English version was dubbed by some of the same voice talent that did ULTRAMAN, back in the day.

There's a pretty interesting profile on Bruce Le in this issue of Martial Arts Movies:

picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=33

But getting back on topic...

5c636845429873f7234cece3a8747d1c6cfe72e5.jpg

hey thunderscore, by any chance could you scan that article?

oh yeah back to the topic

go go power rangers

crazedjustice888

Just in guys. They will not be having a new series of PR next year...HOWEVER!! DISNEY WILL BE SHOWING THE FIRST 3 SEASONS ALL OVER AGAIN AND REMASTERED AS WELL!!! :yociexp72: This is what I have found out from the forum rangerboard.com.

Here is a link describing it.

crazedjustice888
Nice thanks for the link.

Any time. I am still not sure if this has been confirmed, but people have been getting emails about it from BANDAI.

Fightingfist
Any time. I am still not sure if this has been confirmed, but people have been getting emails about it from BANDAI.

Ok thanks.

Well, in some aspect, it is sad because I was getting curious about how they would have done an American-ized Shinkenger, but at the same time, am pretty excited because I am a retro freak and it will be great seeing the original PR series again...heck...got my kids the two Power Ranger movies (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie) for their birthdays last week.

Fightingfist
Well, in some aspect, it is sad because I was getting curious about how they would have done an American-ized Shinkenger, but at the same time, am pretty excited because I am a retro freak and it will be great seeing the original PR series again...heck...got my kids the two Power Ranger movies (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie) for their birthdays last week.

Nice ive see both movies loved the original one.

crazedjustice888

Both movies are awesome, I gained a new respect for the Turbo one after watching it again and the first one is still amazing. I personally can't wait to see the old series again. I have seasons 1-5 on DVD, but it will just be nice to get the old feel of how I used to watch them on T.V. while getting food and drink while commercials are on....aahhhh...nostalgia....:khi7h:

Fightingfist
Both movies are awesome, I gained a new respect for the Turbo one after watching it again and the first one is still amazing. I personally can't wait to see the old series again. I have seasons 1-5 on DVD, but it will just be nice to get the old feel of how I used to watch them on T.V. while getting food and drink while commercials are on....aahhhh...nostalgia....:khi7h:

I had them on vhs lol but it broke :(

ThunderScore

I wasn't that impressed with the first film, especially after seeing interviews with some of the people who worked on the FX... They were putting down the series FX while not acknowledging where the designs for the Movie Zords came from!

I enjoyed seeing TURBO's Zord sequences more because there wasn't any CGI...

Still haven't heard the official yea or nay word regarding any new PR series...

crazedjustice888
I wasn't that impressed with the first film, especially after seeing interviews with some of the people who worked on the FX... They were putting down the series FX while not acknowledging where the designs for the Movie Zords came from!

I enjoyed seeing TURBO's Zord sequences more because there wasn't any CGI...

Still haven't heard the official yea or nay word regarding any new PR series...

Yeah I understand that...the worst part about the fisrt movie was that stupid CGI zord crap....it was the ninja zord with the shogun zord sword...and a knee to the nuts? Come on....

Yeah, that was also a high lite of mine as well.

Have you checked out the video I put the link too?

I agree the CGI FX of MMPR The Movie were flat out horrible. I'm glad they went to tokukatsu style for Turbo.

Speaking of Turbo, Blake Foster (Justin the Blue Turbo Ranger) is really good in the indie MA film Drifter TKD. He definitely has kept up his martial arts training, holding a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do (He was a blue belt when he cast on Power Rangers).

Check this out: http://driftertkd.com/blake.html

(Ron Pohnel told me this was originally supposed to be the final fight in Drifter TKD.)

Archived