Magnificent Butcher vs Knockabout

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

Which movie should I get, Im torn between the two and can only afford to get one right now. So which should I get first?

Yuen Mo's monkey pole in Butcher is one of the best things what I ever done seen in one of thems fighting flicks. Mind is blown.

Yuen Mo's monkey pole in Butcher is one of the best things what I ever done seen in one of thems fighting flicks. Mind is blown.

Yuen Mo is underrated, at least in my opinion.

I like both films, but I'd choose Magnificent Butcher.

kungfusamurai

MB is definitely the better movie between the two. Knockabout is still a great movie, but that's one you should get after you've checked out Sammo's other projects like Spooky Encounters, Dreadnaught, Prodigal Son, Warrior's Two, etc...

Then again, since it's not as good as the aforementioned flicks, maybe you should get Knockabout first! It's not a bad film, but it doesn't rank highly when pitted against those other Sammo flicks.

KFS

The Amazing Psycho Per

I'd pick MB too, because the fighting is more even throughout. But, the last half hour or so in Knockabout kicks Magnificient Butcher's ass...

MB is definitely the better movie between the two. Knockabout is still a great movie, but that's one you should get after you've checked out Sammo's other projects like Spooky Encounters, Dreadnaught, Prodigal Son, Warrior's Two, etc...

Dreadnaught is Yuen Woo Ping... And I guess it's a matter of taste, but imo Knockabout is far superior to Spooky encounters, and Dreadnaught while we're on it. The last part of Knockabout is Yuen Biao's finest hour.

Hmm... I liked MB, but it was a kind of uneven film. One minute you have some slapstic comedy thing happening, the next a woman gets raped. I liked Knockabout better.

Morgoth Bauglir

A liked Knockabout a tad more, but as pretty much everyone else has said, you can't go wrong with either one.

Magnificent Butcher is the better overall film imo. But I think the fighting performances by YB and Sammo are more impressive in Knockabout.

I agree, superb action in that sequence! I can watch that fight a 1000 times over. Yuen Mo certainly has talent (also, end fight from Spooky Encounters if memory serves correct).

I cant choose between these two! But if I had to it would be Magnificent Butcher. It just has classic written all over it. And its a more coherent and memorable movie in terms of plot and characters than Knockabout. Yeah that monkeys pole! And the end fight! Justa shame that Yuen Siu Tien died, it would be close to perfection if he was in it

Omni Dragon

Well it's mostly down to who's your favourite out of Sammo Hung Kam-Bo or Yuen Biao?

even that Sammo & Biao r in both films I mean Knockabout show Biao's acrobatic skills so Biao's the leading man in Knockabout.

Sammo has the leading role in Magnificent butcher also is a Wong Fei Hung story play by the 1st big Hong Kong action star Kwan Tak Hing.