Wonderful Days (aka Sky Blue) (2003) - CGI anime

littlefuzzy

littlefuzzy

Has anyone seen this one? I watched it a while back at a friend's house, I'm not sure if we downloaded it, or if he imported the DVD/Blu-Ray.

Does anyone know what DVD version would be best?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

A friend lent me his copy of this, and it was the beautiful Korean 3 disc limited edition. Not sure if it's still in print, but here's a link:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.530730/qx/details.htm

You may be able to find this edition for sale used on eBay though.

I'm not a big follower of anime, but I do watch recommended stuff and I really enjoyed this. However, the best anime I've seen in a long time is PAPRIKA, which I thought was a genre masterpiece.

I picked up the 3 disc limited edition a couple of weeks ago from KoreaPop. So it can be got, but it aint cheap; with shipping it cost me a little bit over $80. They also offer the slighty cheaper 2 disc edition. The three disc edition is good because it has the Korean & international cuts of the movie. I'm not sure about the 2 disc edition.

They box is really nice; it flips open, a poster is part of the box (that's actually kind of annoying), and the discs are stored in a digipak that's also part of the box. The subs on the movie are big, really big and kinda ugly, but at least they're easy to read. The movie itself looks gorgeous.

I'm going to be picking up AAchi & SSipak and Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox, from these guys, somewhere down the line.

Archived