Kung Fu Instructor - Sun Chung

deathdealer

deathdealer

There's not any threads concerning this production. It's directed by a great filmmaker and looks somewhat cool.

Thoughts towards this MA flick?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely disagree with ekisha. Boring is the last adjective I'd use to describe this film. Well shot, well acted, paced. The fights are very good, there's a fantastic test on Ti Lung's skills with a stack of precarious benches that's beautifully shot. Sun Chung & Tong Gaai were a match up like no other; on another level when paired together: shots, slo-mo, choreo, angles, camera-work - this one doesn't let their unique collaboration down, nothing/no one else like it/them, not individually even. Crank this movie, it can kick some ass. Ti Lung was most natuaral with a pole, one of the weapon's best on-screen stylists; this is one of his better ones for it. Sun Chung was a genius - this film only solidifies that further... even if not hammering it home purely on its very own merits, it's in the zone. Silly & serious in controlled measures.

The Silver Fox

I'm really starting to like Sun Chung's movies. They way he sets up shots,the camera angles and an artistic sense that informs everything that happens on screen. I get the sense that every detail and everything that is shown is calculated.

He really seemed to try to make those artificial sets look as realistic or at least as interesting as possible.Instead of a glaring blue sky(as seen in alot of Chang Cheh movies) there are atmospheric shifts that actually match what's happening. There is always some outdoor stuff in his movies too, so it gets it out of the sometimes claustrophobic indoor sets.

I've noted that his movies have a sense of menace about them and can be pretty gruesome as well. I'm going to buy The Kung Fu Instructor. So far I have:Avenging Eagle,Human Lanterns,Deadly Breaking Sword and Rendezvous with Death.

Archived