Greatest Fist vs Foot Battles

Chinatown Kid

Chinatown Kid

I love it when a hand technique stylist is matched up against a kicker on film, what is everyone's pic on the best films to showcase such matchups? Here is my top pics:

1. Showdown at the Cottonmill-Tan Tao Liang vs Chin Kuan-Chun is the best on film imo, a fast paced fight with both men displaying rapid fire techniques and the differeces in the two men's styles blend together almost seamlessly to make an awesome fight. Big props to Rarescope for saving this very rare film and presenting it in widescreen even though the film is well worn.

2. Drunken Master-Jackie Chan's Drunken Boxing vs HJL's TKD kicks mixed with White Crane makes for a classic battle with both men displaying surperb form and timing and Chan looks to have taken some hard shots from Hwang. I think it's Jackie's best oldschool battle as well as HJL's, with Hwang dominating at first and then Chan coming back strong toward the end.

3. Northern Kicks/Southern Fists-Nice film with the very flexable kicker John Liu taking on the Fist techniques of Alexander Lo. They both use there skills to fight one another to a standstill until teaming up to fight the real villain of the film. Great choreography in this one.

Please feel free to list your favorites! :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeathFuMaster

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha had some good foot vs fist battles with HJL if I remember correctly.

Chinatown Kid
Lau Kar Leung vs Kim Won Jin in Operation Scorpio

Don't know how I forgot this one, Master Lau's Hung Gar vs Kim's TKD was awesome! :D

Serious, the double take-down team of Kwan Yung Moon & Casanova Wong Vs. Chen Sing at the end of Shaolin Plot.

Chinatown Kid

Some great choices so far, here's another one I had forgot: Sun Chien as the Northern style kicker vs Wei Pei as the Southern Wing Chun stylist in Invincible Shaolin!

Guest Yi-Long

This thread would be so much more interesting if people would include a link to the youtube-clip, whenever possible ;)

Chinatown Kid

That was a great battle from the film Instant Kung Fu Man, a favorite of mine that also featured John Liu. Here's another one of my favorites posted by Manozen below that featured the fists of Lee Hoi Sang going up against the feet of Tan Tao Liang in The Tattoo Connection, my link didn't work.

Chinatown Kid

Opps, I must have mis-typed something in the link, thanks for reposting it! :)

Yes I really like Tan's fight with Chen Sing on the ship in the Tattoo Connection as well, it's a great matchup of hands vs feet too.

Would someone post the best HJL fist vs foot battle?

Well more fist/foot vs foot+eagle claw(after the weapons), but I love this fight scene, also HJL's coolass spinning weapons. This edges out SR1.

Going through some youtubes, this Demon Strike looks badass, good use of moderate wire work and cheesy special effects, otherwise my kind of movie!

Leung Kar Yan & Pai Piao vs Hwang Jang Lee, I need to get this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLeoFD2PQE&feature=related

DeathFuMaster
I think next to Drunken Master's finale this is one of HJL's best fights against Wong Yue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1INYB8IMHU

This was an awesome fight, I need to find this movie.

Well more fist/foot vs foot+eagle claw(after the weapons), but I love this fight scene, also HJL's coolass spinning weapons. This edges out SR1.

Going through some youtubes, this Demon Strike looks badass, good use of moderate wire work and cheesy special effects, otherwise my kind of movie!

Leung Kar Yan & Pai Piao vs Hwang Jang Lee, I need to get this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLeoFD2PQE&feature=related

Both videos with the white beard and hair look, I like it! The first one is just plain cool, I have been trying to find decent versions of Secret Rivals 1 & 2 for a while now. That Demon Strike video was weird and cool, I think if you hit HJL in real life lighting would come out!

This has my favorite HJL move in it. About 1:08 where he kicks the guy in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7hniGxkWw

I hope that HJL decides to make more movies, I think he would shine as an antihero. We have seen him black and white, but grey seems like it would suit him. Mabey one day he will return to do one last HK movie and direct it and everything.

Don't know how I forgot this one, Master Lau's Hung Gar vs Kim's TKD was awesome! :D

Amazing fight sequences in this one - Truly incredible kicking by Kim

Archived