Knockabout (1979)

lillippa328

lillippa328

Maaaan i just picked this up at moviestop for 2.99! Wow what a deal I got...thats a freakn steal....

greeeat kung fu comedy...classic sammo/biao stuff man...dunno how i didnt ever watch it before.....the first 40 minutes is some good action but a lot of comedy and story n characters and all...but man the last hour is all kung fu glory...very well choreographed...nice little training bouts...and nice little change up of the story....

great film, what do yall think of it?

Morgoth Bauglir

Extremely high level choreography. I've watched the fights in this movie probably more than any other movie, and I still can't get over how awesome Lau Kar Wing is doing his thing with the snake and the pipe.

butcher wing

great film I think some of the best fight ever. The 2 on 1 at the end brilliant, and the end with the jump rope with the thorns at the end is mind blowing. If you haven't seen this movie you need to go out and find it and get it. Perfect for ones collection.

Agreed, fabulous film, Sammo and Yuen Biao at there peak.

The HK Legends discs is worth tracking down, it has good extras including a never before seen red background opening, that was filmed but never used.

It was used for the Taiwanese version apparently.

Aside from the annoying reddening, HKL's DVD is pretty much the best.

Well I'm glad you all liked it, this movie puts me to sleep, its anything but funny, the action was probably great but unfortunately I couldn't stay wake long enough to see it.

great film I think some of the best fight ever. The 2 on 1 at the end brilliant, and the end with the jump rope with the thorns at the end is mind blowing. If you haven't seen this movie you need to go out and find it and get it. Perfect for ones collection.

Love the Monkey Style battle at the end.

Guest WuxiaFan
Extremely high level choreography. I've watched the fights in this movie probably more than any other movie, and I still can't get over how awesome Lau Kar Wing is doing his thing with the snake and the pipe.

One of my all time favorites. The HKL disc is awesome.

Hey Morgoth--I was just in Omaha for a business trip. I ate at Sukura Bana restaurant. It was very good!:)

Omni Dragon

Hi everyone this is my 1st

Yeah i would say knockabout is a gr8 film i liked it so much i have 2 dvds of it a tai seng dvd & HKL lol :D The film that really shows the physical skills of Yuen Biao for 1st time in the leading role. must see for all Yuen Biao fans.

Omni Dragon

Yeah I watched Knockabout with FIghtingFist on saturday. what did you think?

Aweaome movie. Great action,story, and Choreography. The Monkey fighting would be my only slight complaint. It got a little ridiculous at times.

Fightingfist
Yeah I watched Knockabout with FIghtingFist on saturday. what did you think?

Yeh its a very good film, very nice wen sammo and yuen do the monkey moves.

One of Yuen Biao's best in my opinion! The comedy does take over for the majority of the movie but takes a serious turn and is a perfect Kunf Fu comedy.

Yuen Biao did some amazing Tan Tao-Liang-esque kicking in the film. And the Sammo/Yuen vs. Lau Kar-Wing fight at the end...classic!!!!

Fightingfist
Yuen Biao did some amazing Tan Tao-Liang-esque kicking in the film. And the Sammo/Yuen vs. Lau Kar-Wing fight at the end...classic!!!!

Yh it was amazing

shelliegal

i love this movie too! yuen's not bad at comedy at all - i really enjoyed his performance! that jump rope training was just mind blowing. i always enjoyed yuen biao and sammo together.

i got the hkl version for about $6 and it's definitely a keeper.

Knockabout virgin just lost his "V" plates...

OH MY GOD this it is the best martial-arts film I have seen since Ong Bak I've been floored ove rthe years with Jackie & jet & sammo & Yuen Biao films but few in recent times besides Tony Jaa OK it is nothing like it's far more contemporary movie but it's the last time I remember being completely floored by the sheer athleticism of its actors. :D

Plus plenty of very funny comedy moments too!

So I can't believe this film isn't one of the popularly mentioned Greats in martial-arts history(not that I've heard of before)... Maybe it's the difference between "old-school" and "modern martial-arts" ? ?????

Anyway this film is frelling awesome & I'm so glad I picked it up when a cheap(er) UK copy came available.... are there any other true athleticic martial art gems like this I should know about?

Most Yuen Biao movies feature his incredible athletic abilities. Too me, some of his best were in the Lucky Stars series of movie. And, as much recognition as he gets, I believe Yuen Biao is truly under-appreciated by fans of this genre.

Most Yuen Biao movies feature his incredible athletic abilities. Too me, some of his best were in the Lucky Stars series of movie. And, as much recognition as he gets, I believe Yuen Biao is truly under-appreciated by fans of this genre.

I'm susprised he hasn't starred in more, I've always been amazed by his agility but he always seemed to co-star, or at least the films I've been able to see.

any specific recommendations wihtout Jackie?

lillippa328
I'm susprised he hasn't starred in more, I've always been amazed by his agility but he always seemed to co-star, or at least the films I've been able to see.

any specific recommendations wihtout Jackie?

Dreadnaught