Ten Tigers Of Kwang Tung (DVD - Media Blasters)

chen lung

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best Buy finally got the movie instock and I purchased it. The martial arts section there is growing.

I live in Maryland, and there are three main Best Buys I go to: Bowie (my hometown), Annapolis (the first Best Buy I ever went to!), and Hanover (in the Arundel Mills mall... big ass place...). And here's how I'd describe each one in regards to martial arts DVDs:

I. Bowie: Sucks. They have two shelves of martial arts DVDs filled pretty much with the same Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li DVDs we've seen over and over again, right next to several-year old unbought copies of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Dragon The Bruce Lee story. Lame.

II. Annapolis: Better than Bowie, in that it has a full section with multiple shelves worth of films, but once again, they focus more on the more mainstream releases, like Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Fearless, etc. Although they have far more Shaw Brothers releases than Bowie.

III. Hanover: The best of the three. The shelf space is about the same as Annapolis, but they actually stuff these shelves! They have the mainstream, semi-mainstream (Dragon Dynasty), and the Media Blasters/Image/WellGo Shaws. Hell, tonight they had three copies of Challenge of the Masters for $14.99, and they had both The Master and The Brave Archer for even less at $12.99. Better than FYE's $19.99 price tags (although they tend to go on sale for $14.99).

But yeah, Best Buy is getting better... well, except for Bowie. *sigh* Sucks that whenever the open stores in my neighborhood, they're usually more lackluster than the branches in other cities!

And on a semi-related note, I'm a bit bummed that Media Blasters has Black Magic 2 while Image has the first one... it throws off my collection a bit! Kinda like when Dragon Dynasty decided to number the Infernal Affairs sequels, but not even repackage the original to fit in with them!

But I digress :P

Killer Meteor
to bad they didn't include the english trailer.

Maybe they didn't have it. You're not so sad you need to have an English trailer are you?

on this MB DVD - i really like at the end of the movie credits there are names from people on this forum as well as that DVD being a tribute to the late Linn Haynes. i thought that was cool and thoughtful of them to do.

Archived