Recomend Me Some Movies

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

Could every one tell me some of their favorite Kung Fu movies and why, Im looking to expand my collection...again.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

Only if you pay me a consulting fee! :)

What are you looking for? Modern actioners? or period movies like Once Upon A Time In China and Kung Fu Master?

KFS

The Silver Fox

Invincible Armour,The Progidal Son, Five Element Ninjas. These are all amazing.

Invincible Armour: Great story,Great actors/martial artists/stuntpeople/white haired villains/some humour too. I think the only version currently available is dubbed. Although I ususally prefer to watch these movies in their original language w/subtitles this film has the a great dub(IMO). All time classic.

Prodigal Son: Too lazy to elaborate, it's great- check review on site and IMDB.

Five Element Ninjas: If you like hard core weapons work,great fighting,ninjas,stabbings,mutilations,dis-memberment,blood spraying-heroic bloodshed, then this movie is for you. I know some people do not like this movie-but they are simply wrong. Find an un-cut version.

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed

So many to choose from. To me, the 80s kungfu flicks were the best in terms of visual flair and fighting choreography.

*must watch

Jet Li

1.*Swordsman 2

2. Once upon a time in China

3.*Once upon a time in China 2

4. Fong Sai Yuk

5. Huo Yuan Jia

6. HERO

7.* Tai Chi Master

Jacky Chan

1.Rumble in the Bronx

2.*Drunken Fist II

Donnie Yen

1.*Iron Monkey

2.Seven Swords

3.*Ip Man

4. SPL

Tony Jaa

1. *Tom Yun Goong

2. Ong Bak

Could every one tell me some of their favorite Kung Fu movies and why, Im looking to expand my collection...again.

Thanks in advance.

DeathFuMaster
Invincible Armour,The Progidal Son, Five Element Ninjas. These are all amazing.

Invincible Armour: Great story,Great actors/martial artists/stuntpeople/white haired villains/some humour too. I think the only version currently available is dubbed. Although I ususally prefer to watch these movies in their original language w/subtitles this film has the a great dub(IMO). All time classic.

Prodigal Son: Too lazy to elaborate, it's great- check review on site and IMDB.

Five Element Ninjas: If you like hard core weapons work,great fighting,ninjas,stabbings,mutilations,dis-memberment,blood spraying-heroic bloodshed, then this movie is for you. I know some people do not like this movie-but they are simply wrong. Find an un-cut version.

I will definately check those out. Thanks alot man.

So many to choose from. To me, the 80s kungfu flicks were the best in terms of visual flair and fighting choreography.

*must watch

Jet Li

1.*Swordsman 2

2. Once upon a time in China

3.*Once upon a time in China 2

4. Fong Sai Yuk

5. Huo Yuan Jia

6. HERO

7.* Tai Chi Master

Jacky Chan

1.Rumble in the Bronx

2.*Drunken Fist II

Donnie Yen

1.*Iron Monkey

2.Seven Swords

3.*Ip Man

4. SPL

Tony Jaa

1. *Tom Yun Goong

2. Ong Bak

Thanks for all the links, although I own most of those, there are some Im planning to check out soon(like Ip Man and Tai Chi Master).

lillippa328

Police Storys 1-4, Project A 1-2 .....theyre all great movies! very fun to watch, funny with lots of good action

'Iron Fisted Monk' and 'Police Story' - for 2 of the most satisfying endings ever.

'Iron Monkey' and 'Big Bad Sis' - cos Chen Kuan Tai is a major badass.

'Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan' and 'Secret Service of the Imperial Court' - cos Shaw Brothers films with really long titles are great.

I'll second INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN. It's a practically perfect exploitation movie.

The Yuen Clan movies - Miracle Fighters (1982), Shaolin Drunkard (1983), Taoism Drunkard (1984) - inspired lunatic martial arts (lot's of magical attacks)

Buddha's Palm & Holy Flame of the Martial World - fantasy martial arts/wu xia, both transport you to a magical world full of action and fun

Archived