Hwang Jang Lee

Guest daTOAD

You can read my thoughts/ramble on this Hwang Jang-Lee film, by clicking on the link below, thank you.

MV5BYTVmN2Y2ZDEtMGY2My00ODQxLTg5YmMtNWU3

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

https://archive.org/details/thekungfurobbershitmaninthehandofbuddharestorationv1

Not too sure if this is spam or not, but I figured I should post this in here for people late to the party.

That's not spam, the link's more than at home in the Hwang Jang-Lee appreciation thread.

Was this fan project ever released amongst collector's?.

• Like 3

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

That's not spam, the link's more than at home in the Hwang Jang-Lee appreciation thread.

Was this fan project ever released amongst collector's?.

It was released on Asian DVD Club, but I wouldn't say it was terribly well done. I would do it again.

• Like 2

Graeme Of Death

The only Hwang Jang Lee films I've seen are the ones he's in with JC and Millionaires Express, what others do your more knowledgeable disciples recommend? Preferably ones that have releases with good picture quality. Struggling these days to watch crappy quality DVDs.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
22 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

The only Hwang Jang Lee films I've seen are the ones he's in with JC and Millionaires Express, what others do your more knowledgeable disciples recommend? Preferably ones that have releases with good picture quality. Struggling these days to watch crappy quality DVDs.

Tower of Death is a solid Hwang Jang Lee film with a good DVD release or two. I think it's one of his underrated gems.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

22 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

I won't be able to help with DVD, but the best performances from Legendary Super-Kicker Hwang Jang Lee include:

- Dragon and Tiger Kids (aka Hell's Wind Staff)
- Tiger Over Wall
- Secret Rivals (both 1 and 2)
- Hitman in the Hand of Buddha

But he generally puts in a great performance in all of his movies, and very frequently outfights all of his protagonist co-stars, too.

• Like 2

Graeme Of Death

Thanks, I'll have a look out for those.

I've seen Tower of Death or Game of Death 2 and I just can't take to it at all due to the bad cuts. I was never into the Bruce copy cat stuff.

I've heard of Snuff Bottle Connection, is it worth getting?

Always like to see some folk playing different roles to their usual, does Hwang Jang Lee always play the bad guy?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
26 minutes ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Always like to see some folk playing different roles to their usual, does Hwang Jang Lee always play the bad guy?

He plays a good guy in the AMAZING Hitman in the Hand of Buddha.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Is this Loren Avedon with Hwang Jang Lee?

Looks like it. They were in No Retreat, No Surrender 2 together, alongside Cynthia Rothrock, under Corey Yuen's direction (Corey had choreographed HJL in Ring of Death; Hitman in the Hand of Buddha; Dragon and Tiger Kids; and Buddha Assassinator).

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, thehangman said:

kid from kwantung one of his best performances

I think it features his best fight scenes, his kicks never looked better or more powerful. Whenever he kicked someone they would spit blood which added to the effect as well.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, Drunken Monk said:

He plays a good guy in the AMAZING Hitman in the Hand of Buddha.

He's also played heroes in Ghosts Galore, Five Fingers of Steel (aka Blood Child), Innocent Interloper and Live Hard 

• Like 2

ShaolinMapache
On 10/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, DragonClaws said:

Love this one. That scene with the cucumber is gold. Love a good kitchen fight. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 10/4/2019 at 9:09 PM, Graeme Of Death said:

I've heard of Snuff Bottle Connection, is it worth getting?

You can buy it eyes closed ! It's a superb movie !

It seems to me that I already wrote a review in my thread dedicated to the reviews, or at least I left a comment in the topice " what is the last classic martial arts movie you watched ", if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 4

ShaolinMapache
10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

You can buy it eyes closed ! It's a superb movie !

It seems to me that I already wrote a review in my thread dedicated to the reviews, or at least I left a comment in the topice " what is the last classic martial arts movie you watched ", if I'm not mistaken.

There's a decent widescreen version of it on The Martial Arts Essentials Vol. 4. That set is worth picking up. 

• Like 2