Hwang Jang Lee

Guest daTOAD

One Armed Boxer: Great article! Thanks for posting it!

I just recently watched Canton Viper and I think it's one of Hwang Jang Lee's best movies where he shows his acting abilities. Fighting wise there are better choices but the action here was still good. It's the story and characters which were very well performed. Especially the interaction between Hwang and the little boy.

Drunken Monk

It's really great to see Hwang in action again. Hey may be a bit older and he may have a bit of an old man gut but he still has plenty of technique!

• Like 3

Hwang Jang Lee keeps Lau Ga-Yung at bay, with his fierce footwork, in a scene from Dragon's Claw's(1979)

5644080cfe3f0a0124b483a3ff34a8e4.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Hsiao Hoi(Meng Hoi) get's too close to the Prince's(Hwang Jang-Lee) lethal strike, in a scene from Buddha Assassinator(1980).

BuddhaAssassinatorHJL.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

hwang-jang-lee2.jpg

The late Jang Il-Do (Bruce Lai) with Cynthia Rothrock and Grandmaster Hwang.

mos-martial-arts.jpg

Hwang with Cynthia Rothrock and martial arts champion Christopher Francis

jlk71-EH4ETKCH39K-Full-Image_GalleryBack

Hwang showing John Cheung what happens when he insults him in The Eagle's Killer (1981)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

The late Jang Il-Do (Bruce Lai) with Cynthia Rothrock and Grandmaster Hwang.

Thanks for sharing those here, Master Hwang Jang-Lee, was on the panel, at one of The Ladys Dragons recent grading's, from what she said in an interview. Nothing like a bit of pressure, performing your moves infront of him.

I'm guessing she met him for the first time, while shootng No Rereat No Surrender 2?.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for sharing those here, Master Hwang Jang-Lee, was on the panel, at one of The Ladys Dragons recent grading's, from what she said in an interview. Nothing like a bit of pressure, performing your moves infront of him.

https://www.usadojo.com/robert-kovaleski-promoted-to-8th-degree-black-belt-in-seoul-korea/

I believe it was this one, where Master Robert Kovaleski was promoted to 8th-degree black belt in Tang Soo Do in Seoul, Korea. Rothrock attended it, being a longtime student of Kovaleski. At the same event, Kovaleski promoted Rothrock to 7th-degree black belt and both Hwang and Jang were there.

• Like 3

What's the English name of the movie for the first trailer DragonClaws? I know I remembered having it on DVD years ago but must have lost it. I know that second one is Hard Bastard, first saw it at the drive-in  in the early 80s under the title Hands of Lightning. Should have went by Feet of Lightning. Don't know how they come up with those alternate titles back then that made no sense lol.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
11 hours ago, CT KID said:

What's the English name of the movie for the first trailer DragonClaws? I know I remembered having it on DVD years ago but must have lost it. I know that second one is Hard Bastard, first saw it at the drive-in  in the early 80s under the title Hands of Lightning. Should have went by Feet of Lightning. Don't know how they come up with those alternate titles back then that made no sense lol.

Hi @CT KID the English title is Secret Executioner.

• Like 3

Ah, thanks for refreshing my memory DC. I remember the DVD cover was a drawing instead of actual pictures from the movie.

• Like 1