Coweb (aka Ninja Masters) (2008)

BLfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Albert hadn't mentioned that BESOURO was released as a R1 under the new title THE ASSAILANT I would have missed that too.

I didn't care for BESOURO, but as someone living in Brazil, I find the American title to be flat-out insulting. Those responsible should stabbed with a knife made from banana wood.

• Administrator
I didn't care for BESOURO, but as someone living in Brazil, I find the American title to be flat-out insulting. Those responsible should stabbed with a knife made from banana wood.

:smile: Whoa... harsh. I have to think that the people that retitled BESOURO had no idea what the film was about, and not only hadn't watched it, but didn't even read the synopsis. The film deserves much better treatment than that.

:smile: Whoa... harsh. I have to think that the people that retitled BESOURO had no idea what the film was about, and not only hadn't watched it, but didn't even read the synopsis. The film deserves much better treatment than that.

THE ASSAILANT sounds like a crime thriller of sorts. This movie is about a capoeira practitioner who's aided by the gods of Umbanda to fight the racista "coronéis" in Brazil. Yup, banana wood knife. I mean, even LEGEND OF CAPOEIRA would've been more respectful.

• Administrator
THE ASSAILANT sounds like a crime thriller of sorts. This movie is about a capoeira practitioner who's aided by the gods of Umbanda to fight the racista "coronéis" in Brazil. Yup, banana wood knife. I mean, even LEGEND OF CAPOEIRA would've been more respectful.

Oh yes, I know. I've watched it. Good summarization.

Normally I roll my eyes whenever US DVD releases change the film's title and add "LEGEND OF" to it, but in this case you're right. It would fit perfectly.

One Armed Boxer

Hey ShaOW!linDude, I may have missed this, but have you done a mini-review of this movie? Your thread has become so big that it's in need of a contents page these days!

ShaOW!linDude
Hey ShaOW!linDude, I may have missed this, but have you done a mini-review of this movie?

You know what, I don't think I have.

Your thread has become so big that it's in need of a contents page these days!

:tongue: I did that a couple of times, on pg 6 & 13, I think. Yeah, it's due for another one.

Archived