Coweb (aka Ninja Masters) (2008)

BLfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CityonFire and Youtube (Official Ninja Masters Trailer) say that Lionsgate is releasing this on dvd on June 11th.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

That is simply ludicrous! :neutral:

I mean, I don't know what the hell COWEB means. What is a COWEB? :smile: Anybody?

I originally thought it was supposed to be COBWEB, and that it was simply a misspelling of the English translation. At least that makes some sense... "She was drawn into a COBWEB of intrigue..." Still lame, but...

However, NINJA MASTERS???? :neutral: I don't recall any ninjas at all in the film. Not even in-training ninjas, let alone master ninjas.

I try not to sweat the little things, but... I can't help but be annoyed by that.

The good news (hopefully) is that we will finally have a decent official release of this with good English subs. Unless they decide to dub the whole thing in English to match the title... "Don't be deceived by the fact that I am not dressed as a ninja, am not using ninjitsu or any other ninja techniques or weapons, and that I'm not Japanese... I am a ninja!" :xd:

At least the film has some good action. Not all of it is good, but enough of it is to keep the film entertaining.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Didn' care much for this movie, but with the right people behind her, Jiang Luxia could be the new oshima.

What... :ooh: the... :ooh: F... :tinysmile_angry2_t: ???

The only reason I can come up with for the completely unrelated/inapropriate title/artwork is to capitalize on the fact that Kane is the son of "The Ninja" Sho Kosugi, and is also co-starring in the upcoming "Ninja 2". But since Coweb has nothing to do with ninja, and Kane's playing a Tae Kwon Do fighter, the title and cover make no sense.

Like "Yamada: The Samurai of Ayothaya", I wish they would just stick with the original English title, Coweb (short for Combat Web I believe).

Anyway, I'm still glad that it's getting an official North American release.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Whoever was responsible for this cover should be fired and end up living under the freeway, eating warm garbage with a shard of glass. Even if we let the ninja kosugi connection slide, the castle in the background make it look like some japanese feudal era period piece. Worst cover since the New Fist Of Fury with Jackie's head on Stallone's First Blood body.

ShaOW!linDude

Yay! Coweb is getting a US release! Boo! They changed the title and added sucky cover art!

(Hey, I'll take what I can get.)

Whoever was responsible for this cover should be fired and end up living under the freeway, eating warm garbage with a shard of glass. Even if we let the ninja kosugi connection slide, the castle in the background make it look like some japanese feudal era period piece. Worst cover since the New Fist Of Fury with Jackie's head on Stallone's First Blood body.

Seriously, what the hell are we looking at here? Who's fucking idea...

TibetanWhiteCrane

Im just amazed that they are still pulling this crap in 2013, it's not like it's 1986! And why buy and distribute a movie you obviously have zero respect for? I just don't get it. Im sure Hung Yan Yan could care less, and is just happy to get his movie out there, but seriously.

Nothing is new with these lame ass titles... they been doing this since back in the day...

Leopard Fist Ninja

Ghost of the Ninja

I know I'm missing hundreds, but I can't think...

Every other martial arts movie that comes out in the US is renamed to something containing the words Ninja, Warriors, or The Legend of. Its a shame really. I also hate covers with random people that have nothing to do with the movie.

Secret Executioner
And why buy and distribute a movie you obviously have zero respect for?

Let Scrooge McDuck explain it all

Scrooge-McDuck-money.jpgx

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I wish they would just stick with the original English title, Coweb (short for Combat Web I believe).

Aha. :smile: Thanks, that makes sense.

Was Harvey Weinstein their consultant on titles????

Sure Coweb might not make sense, but seriously? Ninja Masters??? I would rather have a sucky ass title like "Internet Fighters" or "Deathring.net" than "Ninja Masters".

Ninja Masters...give me a break!!! Ninja Masters sounds more like a documentary of the Ninja film genre.

ShaOW!linDude
Sure Coweb might not make sense, but seriously? Ninja Masters??? I would rather have a sucky ass title like "Internet Fighters" or "Deathring.net" than "Ninja Masters".

Hah! Okay, that is owning me! :tongue:

Be curious to know if anybody here gets hold of it when it's available as the original import dvd I had the audio was out of sync.

Just come across this today due for release in June, I've not heard of it before. The trailer doesn't appear to show any ninjas but Kane Kosugi is in it so i'll probably give it a watch, any of you guys have info on this?

this is coweb what a re title. :bigsmile:

Ninja Masters!! I thought it strange that i'd never heard of it before. I've not actually seen coweb though, is it worth a watch?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Ninja Masters!! I thought it strange that i'd never heard of it before. I've not actually seen coweb though, is it worth a watch?

Hey Andy, please check out these two threads:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7586&highlight=COWEB

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19800&highlight=COWEB

Secret Executioner

There are many masters but only ONE champion:

EbuPaCgdO50

Sorry for the unrelated comment. I couldn't help it. :tongue:

Shaolivevil
There are many masters but only ONE champion:

EbuPaCgdO50

Sorry for the unrelated comment. I couldn't help it. :tongue:

Hahahaha! Amen, brother! :bigsmile: