recent euro western purchases

jiujitsu77

to kill a jackal with kinski

and a time for killing

just bought both and have yet to watch them

anyone seen these before?

ive slacked lately when it comes to watching ALL my movies that i have ordered or purchased. i just was on a SW kick and felt the need to pick up some obscure ones. regardless of the feedback ill still watch them. kinski is always good for a kooky character, and fernando sancho is in a time for killing, so he always hams it up good as well

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to kill a jackal with kinski

and a time for killing

just bought both and have yet to watch them

anyone seen these before?

TO KILL A JACKAL is an aka for SHOOT THE LIVING & PRAY FOR THE DEAD. The movie isn't very good, but Kinski is the reason to watch. He has a lead role as opposed to most his other SW's. There's very little action. It's mostly a thriller western.

TASTE OF KILLING is Valerii's first SW. A really good film. Craig Hill is better here than I WANT HIM DEAD in my opinion. The ending is ace. If you've seen Valerii's GO, GORILLA, GO! aka VAI GORILLA aka HIRED GUN (1976) you get the impression the director dug the ending, too.

kungpowmaster

I bought that Videoasia Spaghetti Western Bible Vol 1 a while back. It has some decent titles, I watched one western, but I also watched They Call Him Bulldozer, which is on that set, but not a western, it has Bud Spencer in it. I liked it.

wild east has released some very good spaghetti westerns i have almost all of their releases

jiujitsu77
I bought that Videoasia Spaghetti Western Bible Vol 1 a while back. It has some decent titles, I watched one western, but I also watched They Call Him Bulldozer, which is on that set, but not a western, it has Bud Spencer in it. I liked it.

bulldozer is a great movie....basically anything with bud spencer is guaranteed at least a few laughs

Morgoth Bauglir

I agree Bulldozer is great. Bud Spencer is so good in that. I recently watched Beyond the Law with Van Cleef. Decent movie. Weird to see Bud have a pretty forgettable role.

jiujitsu77
I agree Bulldozer is great. Bud Spencer is so good in that. I recently watched Beyond the Law with Van Cleef. Decent movie. Weird to see Bud have a pretty forgettable role.

bud spencer is rather forgettable in that role. luckily LVC and lionel stander save the film.......not one of the greatest SW, but still good. used to fall asleep to the menu screen when i got it for seven bux back in the day. that song is stuck in my head forever

Archived