Rare Sammo Hung Classic from NEW with English Subs!

Guest spannick

Guest spannick

THAT MAN FROM SINGAPORE aka THE LIFE FOR SAE

we decided that this rare Movie, starring Sammo Hung in a Fighting Role (not just a stand-it; he's the Leader of the Henchmen and has 2 bigger Fights), will feature English Sutitles, as there seems be no source at all for either English or Chinese Audio (at least everyone i asked said so).

if they're keeping it to themselves or if it's true: i can't do anything about it but offer English-speaking Fans the only possibility to view this "lost" Classic in the best Quality (2.35, new 16:9 transfer, restored!).

here's a Piece of the German Trailer (about 40% of it; the full will be on the DVD). also on the DVD will be the Super8 Version, maybe even featuring some bits not present in the 35mm Print!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAzlb67_EM

Link to Movie Info:

www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=film&fid=3259

Sildeshow with Screenshots:

img501.imageshack.us/slid...40vu0.smil

if anyone DOES want to provide us with an English or Chinese Track, he's welcome to do so. (we can pay, not only offer some token DVDs as Gift).

as a Service to the Supporters we would STILL include the English Subs.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXCELLENT news from NEW. I know a lot of fans that have been looking for subbed copies of this for ages. It's great that the company is going to the extra trouble for fans. I hope the fans on this board that are interested will support this release so that we can see more.

Guest HAZ74

Hi,

So, who is NEW and do they have a webpage? I'd be happy to pick this up! Will it be available in Canada?

h

I was really excited when I saw that this was finally released by Savoy Film about a week ago. However, I have not ordered it yet. I just want to be sure I know what I’m getting before I purchase it. From what I can tell, this does not any English subs. Even if this is the case, I think it will still be a fun flik with the German dub when seen in widescreen with its theatrical cut.

I do have a question about the runtime though. Some sources say that it has a 90min runtime, while others report ~80min. Also, one of the extras on the disc is a reconstructed long version of the film. Is any of this sourced from the rare Super-8 mentioned above?

Archived