Fourth Strike

venoms5

Found a mention for the new Fourth Strike label on the main page. Contrary to the info there on the releases, only one of them is anamorphic and only two of the releases are widescreen. ONE ARMED CHIVALRY... is fullscreen. It also isn't a transfer of the Ocean Shores tape. Reviews for all three are here as well as links to purchase...

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Dragons%20Never%20Die

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/One%20Armed%20Chivalry%20Fights%20Against%20One%20Armed%20Chivalry

http://www.coolasscinema.com/search/label/Rebel%20Boxer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Corrections have been made.

Thanks, Mark. I wouldn't have mentioned it, if only to keep people from complaining if they thought all three were anamorphic and wide.

Mark Pollard

I would hate to be responsible for misleading anyone.

I'm actually happy to see that they bothered to add a disclaimer on the back cover. The prints aren't great but they look decent given the rarity of the titles.

Nice work on the synopsis for each by the way. It's almost shocking to actually see informative and accurate descriptions on the back of a kung fu movie cover. I've been looking at too many IVL boxes.

Nice work on the synopsis for each by the way. It's almost shocking to actually see informative and accurate descriptions on the back of a kung fu movie cover. I've been looking at too many IVL boxes.

Hey, Thanks, Mark. Ditto on the IVL boxes. So many of those never get around to describing just what the movie is about.:D

Killer Meteor

Glad to see new dvds but the quality issues (non-anamorphic, cropped, incomplete language track) don't make me want to rush out and buy them. sorry

Glad to see new dvds but the quality issues (non-anamorphic, cropped, incomplete language track) don't make me want to rush out and buy them. sorry

No need to apologize as it is to your own discretion as to whether you buy or not. I don't know what you mean by incomplete language track though as THE REBEL BOXER features a couple minutes of English subtitles for scenes that were not in any known English language print.

Guest Markgway

I'm sure Meteor, like myself, would've preferred the complete Mandarin track, not just a couple of mins of it.

I'm going to order these releases & I hope that we see more. Ma Su Chen looks amazing. The quality looks pretty good for an indy release. Have any of these ever been made available, even in fan trading circles?

Hey Venom,

Thanks for the link, BTW. Those are some detailed reviews!

h

Killer Meteor
I'm sure Meteor, like myself, would've preferred the complete Mandarin track, not just a couple of mins of it.

Yes, or just the full English track with the Mandarin ones as extras. Same reason I don't own Deep Red - jumping languages mid film just annoys me

And non-anamorphic for Dragons Never Die isn't too promising either

Chinatown Kid

Thanks Venoms5 for your contributions and this label's efforts to release rare films to us fans, I'll be sure to pick these titles up! :)

Guest Markgway
Yes, or just the full English track with the Mandarin ones as extras. Same reason I don't own Deep Red - jumping languages mid film just annoys me

I don't think there is a full English track for the uncut version. At least according to what's been said...

What I'm asking for is the full Mandarin track with optional subs. Seems a shame to have an anamorphic wide presentation and then stop short of greatness.

And I prefer the Export cut of Deep Red - the Italian release is overlong and flabby.

shaolin drunkard

That is great news as some companies have gone out of business,nice to see new label going to try.Gonna order all 3,watched in youtune end fight of one armed chivalry about year ago and looked decent.

Killer Meteor

And I prefer the Export cut of Deep Red - the Italian release is overlong and flabby.

Yeah but you can't see that on the DVD, You get this dual languages on one track thingy

Guest Markgway
Yeah but you can't see that on the DVD, You get this dual languages on one track thingy

The UK DVD of DEEP RED (with the white cover) has both versions on one disc. The export cut runs 100m and is uncut (it should be missing 7 secs but isn't), original English dialogue, and anamorphic widescreen (almost 2.35). I think the sound is mono too but you'll have to check on that. Avoid the old release (black cover); it's shit.

shaolin drunkard
The UK DVD of DEEP RED (with the white cover) has both versions on one disc. The export cut runs 100m and is uncut (it should be missing 7 secs but isn't), original English dialogue, and anamorphic widescreen (almost 2.35). I think the sound is mono too but you'll have to check on that. Avoid the old release (black cover); it's shit.

it`s been lifetime since I wathced old argento movies?is this one with john saxon in it?or film where woman gets stranged when stuck to elevator?

Guest Markgway
it`s been lifetime since I wathced old argento movies?is this one with john saxon in it?or film where woman gets stranged when stuck to elevator?

The one with the elevator.

Saxon was in Tenebre - Argento's best film IMO.

shaolin drunkard
The one with the elevator.

Saxon was in Tenebre - Argento's best film IMO.

Need to get those both...from what I recall music was great too..band called goblin?hobgoblin?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

That's awesome though, One Armed Chivalry being released by someone paying some respect to it. I've just ordered it. Looking forward to it. This is a great movie.

thedirtytiger

One Armed Chivalry ( aka Point The Finger Of Death ) is quite easy to find, I have it widescreen as well from Holland. Ma Su Chen has been released before, I wonder if it's any better than the previous somewhat dodgy dvd versions. The only one I'm interested in is Dragons Never Die which I have poster nd lobby cards for but never managed to find the film itself, widescreen too - COOL :D

Archived