What are some great Martial Arts Comedies?

littlefuzzy

littlefuzzy

To answer my own question:

I just watched the Shaw Brothers film "The Master", and it was great action and tons of comedy!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Golden Harvest

LUCKY STARS SERIES

For those interested, keep in mind the later 3 films (Return of the Lucky Stars, Ghost Punting and How to Meet the Lucky Stars) are not Golden Harvest productions and are a bit hard to obtain. Ghost Punting was only available on vcd (and possibly vhs) and Return... and How to Meet... are only available on dvd (with English subtitles) in Malaysia. Return.. had a HK dvd release but it's long out of print (it also looks like the Malaysian release may just be a port). How to Meet.. only ever had a vcd release, until Dragon Jester released it.

General consensus is they aren't as funny as the earlier films (I haven't seen them) but, as always, judge for yourself.

For those interested, keep in mind the later 3 films (Return of the Lucky Stars, Ghost Punting and How to Meet the Lucky Stars) are not Golden Harvest productions and are a bit hard to obtain. Ghost Punting was only available on vcd (and possibly vhs) and Return... and How to Meet... are only available on dvd (with English subtitles) in Malaysia. Return.. had a HK dvd release but it's long out of print (it also looks like the Malaysian release may just be a port). How to Meet.. only ever had a vcd release, until Dragon Jester released it.

General consensus is they aren't as funny as the earlier films (I haven't seen them) but, as always, judge for yourself.

I had troubling finding Ghost Hunting and downloaded it off the internet instead. I found the comedy to be better than the original lucky stars movies but action wise it isnt in the same league.

I freakin' love Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle ...

i watched both of these films early on during their respective theatrical runs and regarded them as mildly amusing in some parts. i suppose if physical comedy is to your liking these films are more than good.

Archived