SHAWS MAGIC CARPET RIDE.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

In how many Shaw Brothers movies have you seen the 'Magic Carpet' that took us for a ride into kung fu fighting realms beyond the imagination?

Of course I am speaking of that ONE carpet the Golden One with The Blue middle section.

In how many movies has this carpet been the center piece for Shaw fights?

Too many to count.

Is this the only carpet in the Shaws lot?

There certainly must be a story behind that carpet.

Why was IT used in so many movies?

Does anyone know its secret and the words to unlock its:

"Magic Carpet Ride"!

Trivial no doubt, but I imagine I am not the only one who kept seeing this carpet in the Shaw movies.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I know the one and everytime someone either walks or fights on it dust flies up like it's never seen a vacuum in its life.

Was in Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

I don't think it has an official 'name'. 'Flying carpet' or 'magic carpet ride' both sound better than just 'carpet'.

shaolin drunkard

That is nice looking carpet,would love to have such in my living room...hmm,in fact carpet might be too large to fit in:mad:

people many know from Bey Logans Heroes of the East commentary that he ponits out the yellow carpet being in a few SB films heres what i've come up with. please help find more.

5 Deadly Venoms

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1820

5 Elements Ninjas

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1821

Dirty Ho

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1822

Heroes of the East

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1823

My Young Auntie

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1824

Shaolin Mantis

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1825

Shaolin Prince

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1826

Shaolin Intruders

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1827

I already recall someone pointing this out and presenting a slew of pics of that carpet, I have no idea why they are so fond of this carpet but it makes for great easter egg. Almost like playing where's waldo

I've never noticed that before, Now it seems to be popping up in every SB movie i watch!

Speaking of Shaw Bros, does anybody know what movie this is right at the end of the clip

qrgDvQakqqQ

Carpets must not have been high on the set prop dept.'s list... They spent far much more money rebuilding that staircase that always got destroyed in flicks like The Boxer From Shangtung, House of Traps, and Chinatown Kid.

I am not good at noticing things like carpet..it was maybe 5th or so movie when I thought I have seen that carpet before...

I am pretty sure golden kwan do in 8 diagram pole fighter I have seen in another movie...

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just saw this carpet in Swordsman and the Enchantress. One of Chu Yuan's more comprehinsible interpretations. Great film actually.

"Not sure if it's this carpet in: "Monkey Kung Fu" and "Duel of the Century".-hkcinemagic but do both do then

Monkey Kung Fu

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1861

Duel of the Century

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1864

im sure i keep seeing this once under the big one & up some steps leading to a chair & i think im seeing a few others carpet wise, there must but hundreds of shaws props that probably keep appearing. Thanks to vengeanceofhumanlanterns for this great image.

album.php?albumid=63&pictureid=1743

easternfreak

Hi to all,

maybe someone of you can help me. I`m writing a Story of a Carpet which was used in many SB Movies. Here are some Photos from the Carpet:

http://www.martial-arts-museum.de/shaw-brothers-props-1/the-story-of-a-carpet/

Maybe someone of you can named more Shaw Brothers Movies where is the carpet to see!

I think that is a very interesting Theme (i know, not for everybody).

Best Regards...easternfreak!!

Shaolin Chamber 36

Yes, this is very interesting. I bet the carpet has been used in tons more movies. I will keep a look out for it and let you know if I see it in any films not already listed.

Archived