The Legendary Weapons of China! WOW!

GoldenFist

Ok, I've only watched a few movies from the Shaw Brothers, Mostly starring Gordon Liu, but I was very impressed with this choergraphy! Amazing, I love the way they compare japanese weapons to chinese weapons, and how the work together. For some reason it reminded me of the Game of Death, maybe just because the differnt styles, But anyway I was blowen away! Comments?

- Goldenfist

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Do you mean "Heroes of the East?" I haven't seen "Legendary Weapons..." in a while but it sounds like the Japanese/Chinese weapons thing is from "Heroes of the East."

If, however, I'm wrong, you should definitely check out "Heroes of the East" if you like Chinese/Japanese comparisons.

lillippa328

yea it sounds like Heroes of the East aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja....

LWOC is with the 18 different chinese weapons......kinda slow movie but the last fight is perhaps my all time favorite!!

LKL > YOU!

Chinatown Kid

If it's the one where the Chinese man(Gordon Liu) marries the Japanese wife then the film is definately Heroes of the East, it was shown back in the 80's on Black Belt theatre under the title Challenge of the Ninja, my favorite bouts were when Gordon Takes on the Nunchaku and Tonfa guy and when he uses Drunken Boxing against the Karate Black Belt. Legendary Weapons of China has an excellent display of traditional Chinese Kung fu weapons as well and is a must see.

I'm sure the mods will move this to the Shaw section where it belongs :P

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Goldenfist, you can edit your post and fix the thread title.

HEROES OF THE EAST may be the kung fu flick I've wayched more times than any other. Love it! :D

I particularly like HOTE because it actually showed REAL Japanese people instead of Chinese playing their role.

Guest WuxiaFan
Hey Goldenfist, you can edit your post and fix the thread title.

HEROES OF THE EAST may be the kung fu flick I've wayched more times than any other. Love it! :D

Right On -- one of my absolute favorites. Never get tired of watching it.

Archived