Best spoken dialogue in a modern MA film...

The Dragon

After watching Ip Man for the first time, Fan Siu Wong's villianous character says after defeating all the Fo Shan masters...

"Damn it!... No one in Fo Shan knows Martial Arts at all!" Then is followed by his lackeys...

"I thought everyone was Wong Fei Hong here!, It turns out you are just bums! You can't even fight, let alone defend yourselves!"

Fan again...

"Brothers, our efforts have not been wasted. Nobody in Fo Shan knows Martial Arts! We'll be rich this time! Brothers, lets keep it up!"

Man, I couldn't keep from laughing.:D Just like in the old Sammo Hung films like Warriors Two and The Prodigal Son the funny dialogue from the baad asss villians keep you interested so you wait for them to get theirs!

... and does Donnie deliver!:o

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I loved that stuff too! But I also always get a kick out of the scenes where the sifu who understands humility trouces the bragging, pushy teacher, then says "Thank you for teaching me." And this flick began with a great one. Oh, a match? Welcome to my home. Join us for supper? Like a smoke? Ah, now let's have our friendly match? POW! Smackdown! XD

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed

I tot Ip Man's kid had the funniest line in the show

~kiddy music running in the bg

"Mummy says that if you don't start fighting soon, all our stuff in the house will be smashed."

In the cinema when i watched, the audience lapped it up. More so when Donnie Yen waved the cane at Fan in a "spare the rod, spoil the child" look.

Archived