IP Dub Possibility?

DeathFuMaster

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeathFuMaster

I hope your kidding. I just really rather hear english words because subtitles sometime make me not watch the movie as Im trying to read through the dialouge. So I can do subtitles, but Id rather not even if it sacrifices the original actors' voices.

Cine-Asia picked up the rights in the UK, but I doubt they'll dub it.

Maybe Tai Seng will get this one for the US and will most likely have a dub then.

Almost any movie made these days can be dubbed.I pray it does because to me it takes away from the movie when I have to quickly read the bottom of the screen and then look up at the people talking.If I wanted to read, I'll read a book.If I want to read and see pictures I'll read a comic book.Besides,I still cant read.I'm just randomly hitting keys here.

Reading subtitles takes away from the movie? When I was like 10 and first my Subtitles movie, I just turned it off.

After like a 1000 Subtitled Movies at 24... I enjoy them a whole lot more. Its the Original movie.... Its the way the director intended it, I get to hear all the natural tones of the actors. I do hate Fast subtitles but thats about it.

Id rather see subtitles then a distracting lame dub anyday of the week.

BTW... Most of the action in IP man is just pure kicking ass no talking until after.... So I dont know what you could miss.

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed

No. Watch Rumble in the Bronx dubbed and tell me if you still want Ip Man dubbed. What i want is for Ip Man to regain its correct title 'Yip Man' back :) and I'm not talking about the sequel.

'Yip' is often romanized as 'Ip'.

Correct!

It just so happens that Ip Chun (Yip Man's son) decided some years ago that he preferred the "Ip" variation and has adopted it officially ever since - in any case, the "y" is unpronounced and simply serves to separate the clash of vowels in compound words. - David Peterson (Wing Chun student of Wong Shun leung)

Archived