What is the best Jackie Chan Movie IYO?

Raoul Duke

I'm looking to buy a New Jackie Chan Movie. I own the rush hour series drunken master I and II and the Police story series i was just wondering what you guys think the best Jackie Chan movie is and why?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Even though I placed "Drunken Master" in my top five kung fu movies, I actually think "The Young Master" is better.

You'd do no wrong is purchasing both, as well as "Snake in the Eagle's Shadow."

You have listed some modern day stuff so I would recommend for you Armour of God 1 & 2, Wheels On Meals and Dragon's Forever. If you also like old school kung fu movies you just have to check out Dragon Lord and the underrated gem, Dragon Fist aswell as those two the previous poster said :)

I've seen quite a few Jackie Chan movies but i still have many more to see. The best for me would always be his collaborations with Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung (Dragons Forever, Project A, Wheels on Meals)

old skool (pre-1980) favourite would be Drunken Master, and Fearless Hyena after that

Guest Markgway

Dragons Forever, Mr. Canton and Lady Rose, Project A I & II, Wheels on Meals, Armour of God.... you won't go wrong with any of those.

Morgoth Bauglir

1- The Young Master

2- Crime Story

Also these are pretty much can't miss-

Project A 1 and 2

Dragons Forever

Shaolin Wooden Men

Snake in Eagle's Shadow

Wheals on Meals, Mr Canton, Heart of the Dragon, Who Am I?, Armor of God, Dragon Fist and Fearless Hyena are good, but I don't rate them as high as the others I listed.

Winners and Sinners, My Lucky Stars and Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars are good, but Jackie is not the lead actor. But don't pass on them because of that.

Also most people don't like To Kill with Intrigue, but it's one of my favorite Jackie movies.

masterofoneinchpunch
I'm looking to buy a New Jackie Chan Movie. I own the rush hour series drunken master I and II and the Police story series i was just wondering what you guys think the best Jackie Chan movie is and why?

I've seen about 58 movies with Jackie Chan in it (all of his directed movies) and would still say Police Story 1 is my favorite.

Here's a 1200 word review I did on the film which explains why: http://hkmdb.com/db/reviews/show_review.mhtml?id=13060

and it is in my top 100 movies of all time.

But you cannot go wrong with The Young Master, Project A (either one), Drunken Master, Mr. Canton and Lady Rose, Wheels on Meals all mentioned above (and more).

Project A is my favorite. It has the big stunt(clocktower fall), a lot of good fight scenes, a fun story, and good characters. Biao and Hung should have came back for Project A 2.

Dragons Forever- All three guys get their moment here, great stunts and action.

Wheels on Meals- This has my favorite Chan fight in it. He fights "the Jet" and Round 2 is in Dragons Forever.

Snake in Eagle's Shadow is also good for old school fun.

Guest Yi-Long

Drunken Master 2 is his best, but there isnt a decent uncut version available. I also really liked Dragons Forever and Crime Story and a few others.

have to say didn't really rate young Master- Personally for old skool or Kungs it has to be

Drunken Master 1 & 2

Snake in the Eagles Shadow

Shaolin Wooden Men

Fearless Hyena

Dragon Fist

Not seen the modern ones in a while...

Drunken Master 2 is probably my favorite. For some reason, Drunken Master 1 never really clicked with me, but I love Snake in the Eagle's Shadow----and heck, for more recent stuff I rate Shanghai Noon and Forbidden Kingdom pretty highly, too. I've got the Project A boxset on the way from DDDhouse, and I've never seen those before, so maybe they'll be up there for me as well.

I would have to say my favourite Jackie Chan films are Dragons forever, police story 3: Super cop, Who Am I?, and Rumble in the Bronx

thanks for the suggestions. i bought Snake In The Eagles Shadow, Project A II (i could not find the first one) wheels on meals and Armour of God. i plan on watching them all tonight!!:D

thanks again

I don't know why, but when I was really little I used to love Twin Dragons. One of my faves on sentimental value alone.

But Project A 1+2 are probs the best IMO.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

SNAKE AND CRANE SECRET.

This is quintessential EARLY & CLASSIC Jackie Chan.

One of my fav's of all time.

GD Y-Y

shaolin drunkard

I guess there are chans I have watched most..so in random order;

dragon fist

snake in the eagles shadow

project a

thanks for the suggestions. i bought Snake In The Eagles Shadow, Project A II (i could not find the first one) wheels on meals and Armour of God. i plan on watching them all tonight!!:D

thanks again

Good luck watching them all at once! You should try to find the first Project A when you can though. The pride and joy of my collection is the IVL Project A boxset and i think Zoke sells them individually. Get this one if you can (Ebay always has it) because not only is it remastered, but contains deleted scenes including a Chan/Biao spar!

littlefuzzy

(First post!)

I just finished watching Robin B Hood (Dragon Dynasty, the film is also known as Rob B Hood), and it was great!

Yuen Biao is also in this, although not in a huge role.

Guest I Like Elaine

Police Story would be my choice. A movie that perfectly distills what a Jackie Chan movie is all about. The entire shopping mall fight is a masterpiece. And the pole sliding stunt still ranks as one of the most amazing of all time.

GungFuFighter

I could never choose a favorite.

Police Story I, II, and III stick out in my mind cause they are amazing. (cause I own the subtitled, uncut HK versions)

But I am also partial to Rumble In The Bronx, First Strike, Mr Nice Guy and Who Am I? because when I was growing up (grammar, and middle school) they always showed them during summer vacation, and I would watch them religiously.

Then there's Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Project A, ect, ect.

DeathFuMaster

Jackie didnt have much face time in Snake and Crane Arts did he? Can anyone recommend which dvd release of it to get because I only have a vhs somewhere.

Archived