New to the forums and need help with a movie ID

couch_dagger

couch_dagger

Greetings fellow fans. I scoured these forums for a plot that desicribed the movie I'm looking for. I even went to youtube and checked out clips of ALL the movies in everyones' top 10 and it didn't show (thanks for the help on identifying Leg Fighters!).

The movie I'm looking for has a plot as follows. The movie begins with 2 men fighting and before the person is about to die, the killer took an oath from his victim that he agreed to raise his son. While doing this, he knew the kid would one day become strong and try to assassinate him. There was even a scene where the killer became ill in a cave (I believe) and the kid nursed him to health.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? If it helps, the main actor wore a monk type of hat and he had a mustache. If he wore a sombrero I would swear he was mexican :)

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashlegs Pete Jr

I will put my neck out here and say it can only be Hero Of The Wild and none other....

While doing this, he knew the kid would one day become strong and try to assassinate him

This kid is named Ting Wa Chung....

Hero Of The Wild aka Heroes of Shaolin (Letterbox Dubbed)

Heroes%20of%20Shaolin.gif

http://www.flkcinema.com/MorInfo.asp?FilmID=1584&Search=Search

the main actor wore a monk type of hat and he had a mustache

The main star is Chen Singh....Main villain Hwang Jang Lee as a FOX!!!

FLK highly recommends this movie because our version is UNCUT and letterbox !!!.....(Warning to squeamish viewers) the scene with the puppy being thrown on a cave wall and killed is CUT from most prints!!!

Poster for movie!!!

IFeed.asp?ImageID=412

couch_dagger

That's it! Thanks alot! I'm surprised this isn't on more peoples' top ten list as it I feel it's definitely one of the all time greats. The choreography and storyline are top notch :)

Morgoth Bauglir

Definitely top notch. Just seeing Chen Sing (mustache guy) and the kid walking together does it for me. Perfect acting from those 2. So many touching moments in this movie. The dog scene wasn't needed I thought. I guess the director was going for shock value. He succeeded.

Good shout Morgoth - its One of the most under-rated Kungs out there!

I got it quite a few years back after reading about on this board (in one of its incarnations) and was completely engrossed

This is one of the selections in the 50-pack Martial Arts collection from Mill Creek, although that's cut into two 45 minute parts, as if for TV showing.

Archived