Iron Dragon Strikes Back on DVD again! =)

Guest mpm74

Guest mpm74

Wow.

Just re-watched Iron Dragon Strikes Back, and damn, i like it even more this time around.

A really good film. Bruce Li's best. Even as a movie, it's just good.

I think the only ones who would dislike this film are people who think Chinese Connection 2 is a great Bruce Li flick.

Guest Dahnamics

wordddd.. just got back from the watching this flick.. real good one.. i love phillip ko, man.. ill watch anything with that dude.. i like the ending as well.. somethin different.. i thought this was li's best, i kinda like new game of death tho even tho people said it was garbage.. trna think of his other one i like... hmmm... somethin about a drug deal, i remember some dude has a cat... lol.. lotsa cool disco music including a stylistics cover.. somethin tiger i believe.. ho chung tao is the man!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Have you seen The Lama Avenger aka The Three Avengers? If you haven't I'd recommend seeing it, Ho, Chien Yuet Sun and Micheal Winston have a bad ass battle with Lee Hoi Sang in the finale. One of my favorites!

Guest morgoth

I didn't think Return of the Tiger was a great movie, but the last 15 minutes are a ton of fun. And those fights in Lung Fei's dojo were awesome.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Never did like Return of the Tiger or Exit the Dragon/Enter the Tiger because the fight choreography was subpar and it was before Li matured in his screen fighting skills and got much better. I prefer his fight skills starting with The Man, the Myth in 1976 onward. His pre 76 stuff is pretty bad imo.

Guest morgoth

Hey C-town kid, chek out the fight in the dojo in Return of teh Tiger again. Wong Chi Sang and others go at it hard! There is some great choreography going on there.

Guest mpm74

Okay, so what are the QUALITY Bruce Li flicks?

- Bruce Lee The Man The Myth

- The Chinese Stuntman

- Iron Dragon Strikes Back

Anything else?? I'm talking about films that are ONLY as quality as the ones above.

Help me out.

Guest morgoth

Return of the Tiger is definitely worth a watch IMO. I only give it a 5/10, but it is still a ton of fun, I also liked Chinese Connection 2. I have heard that Lama Avenger is really good. And if you have not seen The Man, The Myth, then DO NOT watch it.

Guest Chan Wah Shun

-The Man, the Myth was good. It was leaps and bounds over every Bruce Lee biopic before or since (though still highly fictionalized), and though Ho himself did not care for the action, it was some very good stuff, imo.

-I also really enjoyed Bruce and the Iron Hand, though Liang outshines Ho in this flick.

-I also really like Bruce Lee in New Guinea, not only for the cheese and sleeze, but because Ho looked on the top of his game in it.

Guest Yakuza954

I believe his best 3 are The Lama Avenger, Chinese Stuntman, and the Iron Dragon Strikes Back. Bruce and The Iron Hand is almost at this level, but slightly misses the cut because Liang outshines Li and the end fight isn't as good as it should have been.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Beside the ones already mentioned, I also like Li in Dynamo and Soul Brothers of Kung Fu and think they are worth seeing as well.

Morgoth it's been a while since I watched Return of the Tiger but since you rate that Dojo fight in it so highly I'll have to check it out again soon. ;)

Guest Chinatown Kid

I sure hope they do release it, the version I got from FLR is pretty crappy quality. Bruce and the Iron Hand is a pretty good flick and features some nice action.

Cognoscente

I like Iron Dragon Strikes Back. It reminds me of Back to the Future because of how a TV news report in the first scene establishes the premise while eluding the attention of the protagonist. Both protagonists eventually find out (about the gold and plutonium respectively) but they only know the full extent of the trouble when it’s too late.

One of the things that I like about IDSB is that while it’s not Bruceploitation in the imitative sense, it pays respect to Bruce Lee by showcasing a poster of him in Enter the Dragon. How this is achieved is all the more endearing. Ah Chiang is fighting for his life in his girlfriend’s apartment when a thug kicks a wardrobe that slides across the floor to reveal the poster. What’s impressive is that Ah Chiang doesn’t use the steel-framed poster to attack the thugs like he did with one of his paintings.

• Like 2