Iron Dragon Strikes Back on DVD again! =)

Guest mpm74

Guest mpm74

IronDragon728x90.gif

I'm not trying to make sales, i just think everyone should check this thing out while it's still in print! =)

This DVD goes for like $30 on ebay; but hkflix.com has some! =)

Guest spannick

is this in Full 2.35 or the same cropped 1.66 crap as the UK DVD, which can be gotten very cheat? is it uncut? does it have English and Chinese Audio with Subtitles?

Guest killer meteor

The UK DVD is weird. It's mostly Mandarin, but some parts are in English and some parts are no dialogue but subtitles are there.

The EVG is the same visually from what I've heard, 1.66:1 widescreen. So was their Image Of Bruce Lee, both of which are almost impossible to find

Guest inchilottaP
This DVD goes for like $30 on ebay; but hkflix.com has some! =)

If I wasn't so lazy i'd grab the few copies in the mall I always see that they sell for about $10 and put them on ebay or grab a copy for myself.

Bruce Lee films never set my world on fire to begin with so I can't be bothered with an imitator flick.

Bruce Lee films never set my world on fire to begin with so I can't be bothered with an imitator flick.

It's got nothing to do with Lee, and is one of the better thriller based modern day action films from HK made during the period. There's a few Bruce Li films that deserve respect, and this is certainly one of them IMO.

Guest spannick

there could be a much more Widescreen DVD coming from Germany. not confirmed yet; but if it happens, will be a Special Edition with Extras.

Guest Markgway

'The Gold Connection' is an appallingly bad film, probably the worst 'Bruce Li' flick I've seen, alongside 'The Man, The Myth'. 'Dynamo' and 'Return of the Tiger' aren't good as such, but they're definately better than this drivel.

Guest killer meteor

What you mean the one where Bruce Li and Ho Chung Tao find the gold? That's a great film Mark.

Deadly Strike, now there is a terrible film!

I wish we could get more Ho Chung Tao movies in widescreen. He's really underrated

Guest Markgway
What you mean the one where Bruce Li and Ho Chung Tao find the gold?

What? Both of them? :P

That's a great film Mark.

It's rubbish.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I disagree, Bruce Li has made some bad films for sure, but Gold Connection and Dynamo are not among them.

It's rubbish.

Wow, tell us how you really feel. The Gold Connection is a good modern day action film with a nasty edge to it.

Guest mpm74
'The Gold Connection' is an appallingly bad film, probably the worst 'Bruce Li' flick I've seen, alongside 'The Man, The Myth'. 'Dynamo' and 'Return of the Tiger' aren't good as such, but they're definately better than this drivel.

Wow. Are you sure you're talking about the right film? =)

Guest Markgway

Yeah, I'm talking about GOLD CONNECTION.

"Drab, cheap, sloppy, badly directed rot."

(Some choice adjectives I noted in my review)

I'm amazed there's so much support for it.

I know Kung Fu fans are off the radar when it comes to good filmmaking -- but seriously, folks, come on! :P

I did say that DYNAMO was better, though mediocre.

If I ever see a genuinely good Ho Tsung Tao movie I'll be sure and let you guys know............... :hat

are you comparing films production-wise to films from the same period in Hong Kong or Taiwan? Reason I ask, is Gold Connection looks like many crime/action films made at the time in Hong Kong. The directors at the time aped the Cinéma vérité style popular with crime films of the period, including The French Connection for which it's named. Part of the point is to be cheap, drap, and sloppy, to capture film as if it is reality.

Guest Dahnamics

whats the best copy of this movie to get??? i got the original poster haning over my bed.. which is kinda scary to the ladies cuz it looks like eric estrada is swingin nunchucks at them, lol.. but ya itd be nice to own the movie.

Guest mpm74
which is kinda scary to the ladies cuz it looks like eric estrada is swingin nunchucks at them, lol.. but ya itd be nice to own the movie.

LOL!

They must have made 400,000 of these posters. they're always on ebay for very cheap. Original, too (I think).

I have one, too... and he does look like Eric Estrada.

Guest Markgway
are you comparing films production-wise to films from the same period in Hong Kong or Taiwan? Reason I ask, is Gold Connection looks like many crime/action films made at the time in Hong Kong. The directors at the time aped the Cinéma vérité style popular with crime films of the period, including The French Connection for which it's named. Part of the point is to be cheap, drap, and sloppy, to capture film as if it is reality.

The French Connection?? :rollin

Lol, if that's true, they're even more misguided than I thought.

I felt it wasn't gritty, just cheap. The movies of Alex Cheung are gritty. But I wasn't comparing it to any style in particular, just saying what I saw.

It was a badly made movie. Can't think of anything positive to say about it.

Guest zenon34788

I don't know why this guy spends hours posting on every asian board on the net since he hates all martial arts movies that Jackie Chan is not in. He should get a life instead of bitching about the movies we love.

Guest mpm74

Markgway, but you said it was one of Bruce Li's worst...

you mean, you mean to tell me, that, that ENTER THE PANTHER or FIST OF FURY III are better?

=)

Stop meddling, otherwise you'll be sorry!