Opinions on "Fast Sword" and "Invincible Sword"?

KyFi

I put in an order to DDDhouse, and added the two new Fortune Star DVD releases of these early-70's Golden Harvest movies. I pretty much like all the stuff from that era, but does anybody have any opinions on these two?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two early GH releases, with some very familiar faces. Both typical bashers of the swordplay perversion. I enjoy them for their 'old skool' nature but neither is a good film.

Chang Yi is the lead in Fast Sword, and Jimmy Wang Yu is in The Invincible Sword. Neither is memorable

:nerd:

I'd fully recommend avoiding HK DVD of 'Fast Sword' because if you wait a month, a better DVD by German distributor Eyecatcher will be out - proper PAL (no ghosting like the JS DVD) and a new set of improved subtitles that re-translates dialogue and covers onscreen text (credits and signs).

Details

Hi,

Both are super cheap from DDD house. For the price, they're both worth it. The female lead from Touch of Zen is in Invincible Sword. I liked both films.

h

Yep, I like the price on all those Golden Harvest releases---although not remastered, all the ones I've got have been decent quality, widescreen anamorphic prints. Looks like "Bandits from Shantung" is out this week, too.

Archived