KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

Wolcott that is totally awesome and I agree with what's been written already....it's totally awesome....but gains even more points for me as it's Chiba-san!!!!

Cesare great sketches......makes me wish my sketches were so clean!!

Thanks, guys, you're too kind.

Tosh: Well - they more or less turned into more earnest efforts halfway through... My usual doodles don't look like that...;-)

gorhama: Mine usually aren't either. :wink:

Well here's a couple of my doodles with some Photoshop, the alien was an old post it note drawing that I tried to photoshop years ago and never finished, I started it in Channels so it was a chore to finish it in layers. the fish I have no idea where I was going with it:tongue: I'll have a giant eyball coming up next!

alien2.jpg

livelife-w.jpg

• Like 1

TheFlyingPanda

Still Fleshing this out, this is a sketch. By the way Tosh, love that fish in the sea drawing! I can see it on vintage 6x9 frame in a coffee shop or in my Apartment lol

BruceLeecoustomcover.jpg

Tosh, TheFlyingPanda, and Cesare:

Wow! Awesome stuff you guys. I stopped logging on for just a little bit, and I missed so much radness!

It's not a kung fu piece, really, but it's an hk film piece for Johnnie To's Exiled.

5737842677_bcbf2c46d7_b.jpg

Exiled by Amber Skowronski, on Flickr

Awesome Bruce panda! Post some more:wink:

Great to see you post your wonderful art Wolcott! We been missing you:smile:

Monday was Columbus Day and on October 12 (today), 1492 they landed in the Bahamas.

I did this when I was 13 in honor of my favorite explorer.

I figured it tied into the day and holiday so I am posting it.

4005534370_34a459365d_b.jpg

• Administrator
It's not a kung fu piece, really, but it's an hk film piece for Johnnie To's Exiled.

Wolcott- very cool work (as usual!). EXILED is great. I was lucky enough to catch this one on the big screen at the Philly Film Festival. I've watched it several times since too.

Classroom doodles that came out quite decent...

Cesare- you already know I'm a fan of your stuff. Love these new ones!

Well here's a couple of my doodles with some Photoshop, the alien was an old post it note drawing that I tried to photoshop years ago and never finished, I started it in Channels so it was a chore to finish it in layers. the fish I have no idea where I was going with it:tongue: I'll have a giant eyball coming up next!

Tosh- I'm always happy to see any new work from you. You really come from out of left field with some of your ideas and I love that. The more imaginitive the better!

Still Fleshing this out, this is a sketch.

TFP- good one. I like that I can feel his trembling fist of fury!

ive done a couple stencils check em out

n put up your own stuff here to! done rubberlegs and basket face my fave baddies x

Cool stuff. :bigsmile: Nice to have a new contributor to the thread.

Monday was Columbus Day and on October 12 (today), 1492 they landed in the Bahamas.

I did this when I was 13 in honor of my favorite explorer.

I figured it tied into the day and holiday so I am posting it.

Travis- thanks for sharing bro. Do you still draw?

Travis- thanks for sharing bro. Do you still draw?

I have been an artist most of my life and did all the art classes throughout jr. high and high school but quit when I got to college.

Now I am just a video artist.

Here is a self-portrait I painted in art class when I was 17. It is an abstract but it still looks like me.

251117052_f847cc7aed.jpg

Cool stuff. :bigsmile: Nice to have a new contributor to the thread.

im well stoked on them! i thought people would evan want there own basket face or rubber legs tshirt!?

This was a project to expand on my vector skills, well I found out you need a good hi-res photo, lesson learned, but I stubbornly trudged through after starting, taking a year break on it, so stick a fork in, it is what it is:angel: Chi Kuan Chun - Shaolin Temple.

ShaolinTemplexFINAL.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator

Nice piece Tosh!

I haven't added anything for a long time. So here's one new, and two old pieces.

KUNG FU THEATER t-shirts! This is my latest original artwork that I created for the “King of 35mmm kung fu“- Dan Halsted. Great job by the screen printers too. They will be on sale this Tuesday at his screening of IRON FINGERS OF DEATH!

Here's who appears on the shirt:

1. Angela Mao

2. Sammo Hung

3. Gordon Liu

4. Trident Demon (from MASKED AVENGERS)

5. Blind Monk and his weapon (from MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE)

6. Lau Kar-Leung

7. Hwang Jang-Lee

8. Lo Lieh (as Pai Mei)

Email Dan at grindhousedan@gmail.com and you can buy one!

To see and purchase more of my art, please visit: http://kungfubob.blogspot.com/

KUNGFUTHEATERshirtphoto.jpg

KUNGFUTHEATER-T-shirtdesignSAMPLEIMAGE.jpg

These next two are both pieces that were created for Movies Unlimited Video store in Philly (the one that was on Castor Ave in North East Philly, but closed long ago).

One was to advertise the home video release of CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON, and was drawn with Sharpie markers on a cool piece of embroidered gold fabric that I bought for just $3.00 (thanks Jo Mart!). The logo lettering was painted using silkscreen ink. This one is gone. The store paid me to draw it, with me retaining ownership after they were done using it. After it came down I sold it to a very nice lady customer who bought it for her 12 year old kid's wall. I wonder if he still has it?

As you can see it was huge. Two of my Jujutsu little "brothers" are holding it up for me in a racquetball court in one of the buildings where our school was located. The echo in there was incredible when we would do stick fighting drills! :bigsmile:

CROUCHINGTIGERHIDDENDRAGON-Drawingoncloth.jpg

This one was created for a sale on Stanley Kubrick's films when he died (a very sad day). I painted this one completely with silkscreen inks on a large bed sheet (so it could be easily moved, hung up, and even washed in the washing machine). I'm pretty proud of this painting. Still have this one, though I'm going to put it up for sale.

JACKNICHOLSON-SilkscreenPainting.jpg

• Like 1