KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

Wolcott, can we see some more of your work please?

Well it's not kung fu related, but I did do a painting of Meiko Kaji a while back!

3451610824_9396c092ff.jpg

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

BlackLamaFaction

Some pictures of a public exhibition we did in Old City last week. The City Paper did a story on us here in Philly here's the link if anyone would like to check it out under Antipopltd and my name Stephen Clark It also includes a short video they shot of us installing the show http://citypaper.net/blogs/criticalmass/2009/11/06/first-friday-focus-video-and-qa-with-antipop-ltd/

post-1595-14419188637_thumb.jpg

post-1595-144191886372_thumb.jpg

I love it! What did you use to get the waves looking so neat? I'm still learning photoshop :{

Hmm this was a long time ago when I first just learning PS(still learning), I think I set a layer to illuminate and smuged the lighter blue. Not your typical looking Asian waves:xd: but fun to expirement.

Getting my art room set up now, hope to get back on my Samurai Frog project soon.

• Administrator
Well it's not kung fu related, but I did do a painting of Meiko Kaji a while back!

You have a very unique style. Show us more, more!

BTW, any Asian art is welcome- not strictly kung fu. Or any art, regardless of subject, is welcome from forum members for that matter. I know there are more secret artists out there. Wish more of you guys and gals would share. :smile:

Here's an old one I dug up off my old desktop, drawn on a post it note/photoshop, looks like a kid did it:nerd:

Love your quirky stuff Tosh. One complaint... You could have at least given me credit for modeling for you! Especially after letting that guy sit on my back all afternoon while you drew us.

Some pictures of a public exhibition we did in Old City last week. The City Paper did a story on us here in Philly here's the link if anyone would like to check it out under Antipopltd and my name Stephen Clark It also includes a short video they shot of us installing the show.

Unique, thoughtful stuff brother.

You should have let us know on this thread in advance that you had a showing coming up. I would have come out to support your art.

Getting my art room set up now, hope to get back on my Samurai Frog project soon.

Yeah!!! :wink:

Love your quirky stuff Tosh. One complaint... You could have at least given me credit for modeling for you! Especially after letting that guy sit on my back all afternoon while you drew us.

Ahhhhhhhh, c'mon KFB, I'd had drawn a fierce dragon:xd:

You have a very unique style. Show us more, more!

Thanks Bob. This isn't my crowning achievement or anything, and I know it's super flawed, so please be gentle. It was the first montage-y poster type artwork I had ever tried to do, and my scanner is a total boner, but I'm going to stop making excuses now.

4114721628_656e5e5397_b.jpg

• Administrator
Thanks Bob. This isn't my crowning achievement or anything, and I know it's super flawed, so please be gentle. It was the first montage-y poster type artwork I had ever tried to do, and my scanner is a total boner, but I'm going to stop making excuses now.

Be gentle? How can I be? It's CRIPPLED AVENGERS! :xd:

I love it. The composition and choice of images is great. The steel (or iron?) fist in the middle looks like classic Shaw Brothers poster art. I really dig that you used an imake of Phillip Kwok with the bloody eyewrap. Cool!

Are you using watercolors for your stuff?

WOW Wolcott...I love the CRIPPLED AVENGERS artwork!! Really great stuff. I love the detail you put into the hair and other little things like Lo Mengs training wheel behind the iron glove!!!

I'm actually drawing again and once I get our scanner working I'll upload some more pics.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!!

I'll be going to Art Basel in Miami in a couple weeks, it's the 2nd largest art exhibit in the world, the first being Art Basil somewhere in Europe, I went last year and it was very inspiring, I'll try to get some pics:nerd:

Well, after "popular demand" on the forums (two people :tongue:), I thought I'd bring over some of my photoshop work based around photos I shot a couple of years back:

4b04caf8e24e2.jpg

4b05f6989b883.jpg

The original raw photos were shot summer 2007, but I decided to give "serious photoshop" a try a week ago, and these were the results! I've used photoshop for a while, but never got this serious with it. In other words, never spent a day working on just one picture :tongue: I hope to have more soon!

Another older quirky one I just found:tongue: It has a story...

The mullet has been an inside joke for a buddy and mine for years, especially since he had one when I met him years ago, we went to the farmers market to pick up some seafood, and they had, mullet! Childish humor ensued but I couldn't let it go, I got home and drew "The Mullet". I converted the fish drawing to vector in illustrator and added the backround, wanted to get some depth to the lettering like an old poster, one for my Bad Art, Worse Humor series.

Mulletlow.jpg

Mulletba.jpg

Very nice man, good job!

That's some baddass Chiba man! Love the Chiba Up on there:xd: Lets see some more.

yeah thanks guys did you see the 16-84 fans of Return of the Street Fighter should know that is Sonny's number plate.

That's some baddass Chiba man! Love the Chiba Up on there:xd: Lets see some more.

heres one more

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1658

• Administrator
Another older quirky one I just found:tongue: It has a story...

The mullet has been an inside joke for a buddy and mine for years, especially since he had one when I met him years ago, we went to the farmers market to pick up some seafood, and they had, mullet! Childish humor ensued but I couldn't let it go, I got home and drew "The Mullet". I converted the fish drawing to vector in illustrator and added the backround, wanted to get some depth to the lettering like an old poster, one for my Bad Art, Worse Humor series.

Thanks Tosh. I'm a fan of your "Bad Art, Worse Humor series". Keep on sharing bro!

The Street Fighter Sonny Chiba hand drawn dvd cover here you go KFB

Hey jrcma, I love your creativity little brother! And I'm so glad that the younger generation is enjoying Sonny Chiba movies as much as we older cats do. :bigsmile: Also, big kudos to you for spreading "Chiba up" around!

Making covers for DVDs is fun, isn't it? I used to hand-draw the labels on the VHS tapes in my kung fu collection. It was a nice way to do something fun, not too involved, and make the movies on the shelf look a little cooler. I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures to the forum again! If I could, I'd share some more stuff with you guys. Damn computers frustrate the Hell out of me. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures to the forum again! If I could, I'd share some more stuff with you guys. Damn computers frustrate the Hell out of me. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

The KFB! Bob I upload my pics in photobucket then copy the URL then paste it in the image Insert box.

• Administrator
The KFB! Bob I upload my pics in photobucket then copy the URL then paste it in the image Insert box.

Do you have to pay to use photobucket? If so, what's the damage? Thanks for the help too bro!