KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

Here are two paintings of mine from an upcoming show this November. The collective I am part of is called Anti-Pop Ltd. We are based and live in Philadelphia and will have an exhibition @ Skylite 307 here in Philly November 1st.Our art is mixed Media based on Pop and Dada movements of the past.

http://www.Myspace.com/Antipopltd

Thanks. If you're in Philly at the time I hope you can come check it out.

That is so POP and DADA! Great job capturing the blend of the two.

Very cool idea KFBob, we should get a sticky on this, for those of you with kids have them do some Asian inspired art and post those to, nothings better than seeing kids art.

I'd like to note that the art Joe Pinnaples posted is by a famous artist named Yue Minjun, I believe he is from China.

The pig is something I started drawing after getting back from Asia and was inspired by the cartoon animals on billboards over there.

Piggy1.jpg

SkyPig.jpg

SleepPig.jpg

Hoiahhh1.jpg

Nice Surfboard! catch any waves lately? I absolutely love the pig drawings. At a job, I took an order from a man named, Sky Ham, really,so I drew a pig with a cape flying, I love your pig.

I was going to give you a hard tim Bob for making a thread and not putting your awesome artwork in here, but after talking to you I realize you've had some stuff going on so I pulled out some old sketches;)

jgirlhair.jpg

karate.jpg

monkyfu.jpg

jdemon.jpg

I love the girl with the umbrella. It screams with natural silence. And the demon face. Is that a tattoo pattern as well perhaps?

I dabbled with drawing in my high school "daze" and mid 80s. Mainly inspired by the characters of Marvel.

My problem was that I could never create anything from scratch as I needed source material to work from.

This piece was originally featured in an Overstreet Price Guide which I then added my own touches to....

http://www.teako170.com/art1.jpg

Loved drawing planets - though that sky took forever (dotdotdotdotdot)

This 2nd piece was something I saw in a MAM issue.

http://www.teako170.com/art2.jpg

(Bob, one of the issues I sent you has this image though its only 2"X2").

And that's what I did. I took a small image and then blew it up adding my own touch....

A few Silver Surfer pics. Again, not original though don't recall the source material....

http://www.teako170.com/art3.jpg

http://www.teako170.com/art4.jpg

I never considered myself a good "artist" though I fancied myself a decent plagiarizer... :P

Maybe it is just my computer or connection, but I get an error every time I have tried these links.:khi6c:

Yeah man I understand, give a call anytime bro.

Here's one I drew really small with a .30 tech pen, part of my Bad Humor Worse Art series XD

chickentooth2.jpg

Very very very very funny.

Nice Surfboard! catch any waves lately? I absolutely love the pig drawings. At a job, I took an order from a man named, Sky Ham, really,so I drew a pig with a cape flying, I love your pig.

Unfortanetly not, it's been flat for a couple months, great for snorkeling though, Thanks for the compliments, post your pig I'd like to see it:wink:

Tosh I also think your sculpture art is amazing! I am still looking for a Sky Ham drawing I think I have, I did try to draw him, but he kept turning out like my fifth grade "Comical Cat" creation, ha, no way any one will see him. ha. Oddly, one of my last "drawing's" was of surfing, 'endless summer'. It's pretty bad I know.

picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=1467

Great stuff, as usual, KLSADAKO. Dang, I wish I had your patience.

Something from me... I'm reading Lu Xiao Feng now, so I tried to do a pic of Xi Men Chui Xue...

He probably looks more melancholic than he should. :-/ (XMCX is not exactly supposed to a sentimental guy.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=503&d=1239708538

Cesare, I think your work, all of it, is fantastic. Your structure and color use is outstanding, dramatic without being over dramatic. Thanks for posting your artwork. I love this piece.

Here's a Samurai Frog, I was going to scan this and layer some color in PS but don't have time, this was an idea off an old woodblock print -

samuraifrog.jpg

For KFBob and Gorhama:xd: Judo Toads! Experimenting with PS trying to get an old woodblock print look.

JUDO-TOADS.jpg

They do look like old woodblocks. They have such an old world charm, something that as a child I am sure I would have cherished, stories of Ninja and Samurai Toads, and as an adult, would collect and pass on to the next generation. They are timeless wonderful creatures... hell, they are just damn cute, okay!

Tosh I also think your sculpture art is amazing! I am still looking for a Sky Ham drawing I think I have, I did try to draw him, but he kept turning out like my fifth grade "Comical Cat" creation, ha, no way any one will see him. ha. Oddly, one of my last "drawing's" was of surfing, 'endless summer'. It's pretty bad I know.

picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=1467

It's not coming up:squigglemouth: I'd like to see it, I love those movies! I've watched them both a thousand times. Do you surf?

I wouldn't put down your work, I'm no great artist either, we all strive to get better but you have to have fun with it and get inspired by others, I think that's why KFBob started this thread.

Have a Muay Thai Frog next, think I'll start that one tonight.:angel:

That 60th anniversary must have gotten to me or something. :tongue:

1949.jpg

(I'm afraid there might be more such pics yet in the near future - as I had a lot of fun with these...:-)

Qin fanart again. Huhai & Zhao Gao.

Or just two guys in Hanfu, if your idea of Huhai and Zhao Gao differs dramatically from mine...;-)

huzhao.jpg

• Administrator
Wow, there are some incredibly talented people in this forum!

I've been kind of kung fu crazy lately and just finished this.

Hey Wolcott, I like your style! Really nice. Please post more of your stuff.

Welcome to the site! :bigsmile:

• Administrator
Awesome stuff Wolcott I can't wait to see more.

Now I'm going to piggie back onto Kung Fu Bob's post and say welcome to the forums!!

"piggie back onto Kung Fu Bob"? Gorhama- is that supposed to be a reference to my weight?! :ooh: Geez... I'm on a diet! :wink:

"piggie back onto Kung Fu Bob"? Gorhama- is that supposed to be a reference to my weight?! :ooh: Geez... I'm on a diet! :wink:

I don't recall any thoughts like that when I wrote the post. Now that you mention it.......................:tongue:

You're pefect just the way you are my friend.

Wow, there are some incredibly talented people in this forum!

I've been kind of kung fu crazy lately and just finished this.

4051579677_78f9545407_o.jpg

Great characture, Chiang Sheng?