KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

That Sammo drawing would look great framed on the wall, maybe with bamboo, there's a guy on an art forum I go to that tells how to sell prints, he goes into it very detailed, he makes a living selling his Pen and Inks on American landmarks, I'll post a link if anyone is interested.

Hey great drawing Cesare it reminds me of the Blood Sword ^^

And great drawings as well kingofkungfu2002, I especially think the likeness on both Rothrock and Samo are very well done..

Here are more Asian Honeyz to drool over :P

Kyoko___Hello_by_KLSADAKO.jpg

Zhang_Ziyi___AWAY_by_KLSADAKO.jpg

Introducing_Hwang_Mi_Hee_by_KLSADAK.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah man I understand, give a call anytime bro.

Here's one I drew really small with a .30 tech pen, part of my Bad Humor Worse Art series XD

chickentooth2.jpg

tosh i take it you are into happy noodle boy?

that was pretty damn funny bro

tosh i take it you are into happy noodle boy?

that was pretty damn funny bro

I have the JtHM comics but been drawing these stupid little cartoons before I read them, when I have dialog I just go with it and sketch it as it will disappear out of my mind quick (otherwise the ADD kicks in), I'd say I'm better at sculpting than drawing:angel: the old MAD mags were a huge influence on me as a kid.

redroach.jpg

squid-octopus-relations.jpg

diveslide-1.jpg

img004.jpg

Keeping with the Asian theme -

lotusmandala.jpg

bluefish.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

Great drawings guys! I think I know some of you from another art site!

I really like your drawings kingofkungfu2002!

I'm an artist myself and I've done quite afew martial arts related drawings over the years. Here are 2 of my early ones which aren't very good!

Kung Fu Caricatures

kungfucharacters.jpg

Invincible Shaolin

IS.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

MLee- Nice stuff! I dig that you included Sunny the Scorpion King along with the more well known heavyweights.

Kung Fu Bob: Thanks! Yeah I had to include him after seeing Operation Scorpio! And I needed somebody posing underneath and he was the right choice with that style! Have you done any drawings yourself? Would like to see them if you have done any.

Here's 2 more early drawings from around 2003.

Donnie and Christine Yen.

Donnie.jpg

Shaw Brothers Tribute. This took almost a month to finish and it's one of my personal fav drawings. Hopefully all the faces are recognizable and maybe members can guess which movie refs I used!

SB.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Kung Fu Bob: Have you done any drawings yourself? Would like to see them if you have done any.

I have put pencil to paper on occasion. XD

1. ENTER THE PLATYPUS -When I used to make my old girlfriend's daughter laugh, she used to say "You silly platypus!" I think she just thought it was funny word/animal. One day at work I plundered a fellow employees desk pad to amuse myself.

2. ARTIFAX Anniversary artwork- I was hired to create a piece celebrating a Philly head shop's anniversary. Here are two of the designs I created. They chose the yellow one (though the owner asked me to re-do it in greyish blue and dirt brown, which I think ruined it) and it was made into T-shirts.

3. THE VAMPIRE SLAYERS FIELD GUIDE TO THE UNDEAD- This is a book about the huge variety of vampire legends from all the different countries of the world. I created many pieces in a variety of mediums for the book, including these four.

post-159-144191884998_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885024_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885053_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885088_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885117_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885147_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191885175_thumb.jpg

Kung Fu Bob: Wow! They are all very impressive artwork! Very creative, nicely detailed and the colors look great! I really like the female vampire standing at the doorway. The contrast from light to dark is very well done!

Have you done any martial arts movies related artwork?

MLee: Hi! Cool to see you posting here...;)

Great stuff. I've always liked your SB fanart.

KUNG FU BOB: Wonderful pics. I guess my fave would be the very last one. Sort of reminds me of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs...

Some "Qin fanart" (as I call it)...

指鹿為馬。(To point at a deer and call it a horse.)

zhao3-1.jpg

"Zhao Gao, one of the chief ministers of the second Qin emperor, suspected some of the ministers of being disloyal to him. He had a servant bring a deer into the hall and called all the ministers together. Pointing to the deer he said, 'Look at this fine horse I have brought for His Majesty the Emperor. I want to know what each of you thinks of it.' One by one the ministers spoke. Most of them praised the 'horse', saying what a splendid animal it was and how clever Zhao Gao had been to find it. A few, though, refused to call it a horse, and one even said, 'Horse? What horse? I see only a deer!'

After they had all finished speaking, Zhao Gao gave a signal to his soldiers, who grabbed all those who had not said that the deer was a horse. He had them executed, hoping in this way to terrify everyone into silence."

Meng Tian & Fu-su

fusu-1.jpg

It is a long story but to cut it short: After Qin Shihuang's sudden death at Shaqiu, eunuch Zhao Gao devised a scheme to get rid of the crown prince and general Meng Tian and sent them a false imperial decree ordering them both to commit suicide.

('...As a son Fu Su has been unfilial, and herewith is presented with a sword with which he may cut short

his existence. The commandant of the army, [Meng] Tian . . . has been lacking in rectitude. . . . As a subject

he has not been loyal, and so it is hereby granted to him to die.')

Fu-su was going to do as he was ordered, but Meng Tian smelled something fishy and tried his best to talk prince out of it:

'When His Majesty lived outside the capital and had not yet

established a crown prince, he employed me to command a

host of three hundred thousand to protect the frontier, and

you, his son, to be overseer. This is a way to responsibility in

the empire, and yet now, upon the coming of a single emissary,

you are about to kill yourself. How do you know that this is

not a trick? I beg of you to send back a request for confirmation

of this letter. If, after sending back the request, you should

then die, it would not be too late. The emissary will hasten the

message.'

...but - for whatever reason - Fu-su didn't listen to Meng Tian. He said something to the effect of "if daddy wants me dead who am I to argue" and obediently offed himself.

Meng Tian was a tad more difficult to handle, but he didn't live much longer than Fu-su.

(Lots of mistakes in that pic, but any further attempts at correcting them would probably ruin the paper...;-))

• Like 1

Cesare: Hi to you! I hope you are doing well and thanks! I really like the way you handle colors! The smokey watercolor effect works really well!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Kung Fu Bob: Wow! They are all very impressive artwork! Very creative, nicely detailed and the colors look great! I really like the female vampire standing at the doorway. The contrast from light to dark is very well done!

Have you done any martial arts movies related artwork?

Thank you MLee! A lot of my martial arts related stuff was given away to students when I was at the peak of my training, but I do have other stuff I'll post soon. In the meantime, here's a link to see my latest MA related art elsewhere on the site: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7550

Also, I wanted to say- I really liked the last two pieces you posted. I do recognize nearly everyone, and (I think) I can correctly identify which films about half of the images specifically come from. But I'll do it next time. I'm getting ready to crash. It's half past midnight and I have work and dental surgery awaiting this, no doubt, unforgettable Monday! :l

KUNG FU BOB: Wonderful pics. I guess my fave would be the very last one. Sort of reminds me of Conrad Veidt in The Man Who Laughs...

Some "Qin fanart" (as I call it)...

Thank you Cesare. ;) That last one was partially inspired by both your guess, and the titular character in the film MR. SARDONICUS. It's of a Croatian vampire that stumbles the dark roads at night as though it's a grinning, happy, non-threatening drunkard. By the time the victim gets a good look at what's coming... it's too late! I used my friend "Little Mike"- who's not a small statured guy, but younger than "Big Mike" in the same class XD- as my model for this pic, as he is always joking and has a Jack Nicholsonesque "shit eating grin" that I could riff off of.

Love the latest pieces you posted, and agree with MLee about your "smoky colors". Beautiful work. I'm definitely a fan of your Qin fanart! More please. :D

How about some more, new posters adding their work too?

Kung Fu Bob: Wow! These Venoms drawings are very impressive! You've really captured the style and personality of each member!

I look forward to your other stuff!

some paintings made by my father :

based on french dvd covers of :

New One Armed Swordsman, Duel To The Death, Martial Club, Berserk

oas.jpg

dttd.jpggordonliu.jpgberserk.jpg

Here's a Samurai Frog, I was going to scan this and layer some color in PS but don't have time, this was an idea off an old woodblock print -

samuraifrog.jpg

A the urging of Kung Fu Bob, I have decided to finally post some of my work. I will get better copies of the pencil art for sure for any future posts. Enjoy and sorry that I couldn't scan them in....I don't have a scanner...YET!!!

Tosh...I love the samurai frog piece!!

[ATTACH]618[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]619[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]620[/ATTACH]

post-250-144191885647_thumb.jpg

post-250-144191885687_thumb.jpg

post-250-144191885729_thumb.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Here's a Samurai Frog, I was going to scan this and layer some color in PS but don't have time, this was an idea off an old woodblock print

Love it! Tosh you should do a Frog and Toad piece like the children's books, except your samurai frog versus a ninja toad! Actually... I think their roles should be switched.

A the urging of Kung Fu Bob, I have decided to finally post some of my work.

Great stuff man! The Daredevil is especially cool.

He has some other cool ones that I'm going to keep bugging him to post. XD