KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

Not a KFCF member at least I don't think so but here a cool drawing that's KFM(Kung Fu Movie) based I found on youtube:

u51e7ga7Xj4

Most (if not all) of my artwork is totally unrelated to martial arts stuff. The only kung fu art I do is the DVD covers I desigh for Houndslowteam.

Here is my rework on the Canton Viper & Black Dragon River covers.

I went from boring screencaps and moved on to a more "old school" feel for BDR.

For Canton Viper the previous design was cool but I really hated the background,

now I went for a blown up screencap on which I applied some filters to mask the

unsharpness of the image, I think it works well.

29qcutg.jpg

1sjuvo.jpg

• Administrator

Here's my latest drawing. It's not martial arts related, but I know there are a lot of horror fans on the forum as well.

I drew this art as the cover for a new book by Stephen Biro called All Work and No Play. It was a joy getting to draw Jack again. :bigsmile: I've painted and drawn his face a bunch of times over the years. It felt very familiar as I worked drawing in his wrinkles and such.

I drew this with a Uni-Ball "Grip" 0.7 pen, and shaded it in with pencil. For the blood, I photographed stage blood that I dripped, dabbed, and finger-printed onto various surfaces and photographed. Then I digitally added the blood to the drawing in PhotoShop using a Bamboo Wacom tablet.

ALLWORK-POSTERNOTEXT-SAMPLEIMAGE.jpg

Prints are for sale at my blog: http://kungfubob.blogspot.com/

See the photo below for the alternate version of the art with text.

Here‘s the teaser/release info for the book:

Jack Torrance’s infamous novel "All Work and No Play" will finally be available For the 1st time ever in all it's uncut glory! 237 pages of pure madness.

A mysterious package is delivered to the Unearthed Books office. Inside is a hand written letter and 237 pages of a novel written by Jack Torrance. The letter, was written to Stephen Biro and it asked if he would transcribe the book in its entirety and to release it, to finally allow Jack Torrence's first and last novel to be published. The letter mentions that due to Stephen's book Hellucination and his dealings with the other side, the sender believes; he is the only person that can do it.

Little did Stephen know or even realize... that the book is not only cursed... but it will affect him and his family in ways that he could never foresee.

This is... ALL WORK AND NO PLAY

Street Date January 4th 2013

For more info on the book go to: http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

ALLWORK-POSTERWITHTEXT-SAMPLEIMAGE.jpg

Here is a drawing by Derek Chin of my Sifu Tommy Carruthers with his own late teacher Jesse Glover that was presented to Tommy after a recent seminar he taught in San Fransico.

drawing2.jpg

Wow! That's a beautiful drawing Fabhui, thanks for sharing Mr. Chin's work with us. :bigsmile:

You're welcome. He is a very talented artist....even though he kinda unknowingly stole my idea!! :tongue:

• Administrator
You're welcome. He is a very talented artist....even though he kinda unknowingly stole my idea!! :tongue:

LOL Yeah, but imagine how disappointed we'd have been if he had the same idea, but the art looked junky? :smile: At least he did the concept proper justice. I'm sure Sifu Carruthers must have been extremely grateful for such a beautiful piece of art.

LOL Yeah, but imagine how disappointed we'd have been if he had the same idea, but the art looked junky? :smile: At least he did the concept proper justice. I'm sure Sifu Carruthers must have been extremely grateful for such a beautiful piece of art.

That's very true Bob and I know Tommy was deeply moved upon receiving it as he and Jesse were very close.

Here's a pic of myself with Tommy and Jesse Glover on a night out....great memories

tommyandjesse.jpg

• Administrator
That's very true Bob and I know Tommy was deeply moved upon receiving it as he and Jesse were very close.

Here's a pic of myself with Tommy and Jesse Glover on a night out....great memories

Fantastic photo Fabhui! Thanks for sharing that. Also- loving Mr. Chin's work. Great stuff. Is he a friend of yours?

I'm so glad this thread is still alive and KICKING!! We are a martial arts cinema message board after all.

KF Bob what else can I say or write about your work that I haven't gushed over before. I love the new Jack piece!!! But the Crouching Tiger artwork done with sharpie on fabric....you did it...you offically made me hate how freaking talented you are!!!!!!! :tongue:

fabhui thank you for for posting the wonderful Mr. Chin artwork it's fantastic.

I have stuff tht I've drawn recently that I need to get off my arse and scan in to share. I will make sure I do that to keep the thread moving forward.

OH yeah I almost forgot Tosh love the new work buddy.....very awesome!!!

Fantastic photo Fabhui! Thanks for sharing that. Also- loving Mr. Chin's work. Great stuff. Is he a friend of yours?

Yes, Derek Chin is a friend of mine even though he is across the other side of the pond!!

Here is a couple more of his pieces...

clintej.jpg

jackieit.jpg

Just been looking back through this thread and...HOLY SHIT!!...How much would I love to have the Croughing Tiger, Hidden Dragon piece done by Bob hanging on one of my walls!!

That is one amazing piece of art!

Not a KFCF member at least I don't think so but here a cool drawing that's KFM(Kung Fu Movie) based I found on youtube:

u51e7ga7Xj4

Another Vid form the same guy

Up4aVMaw1ak

Here is a A4 sized portrait of superkicker Casanova Wong I done I think around 2006. I consider it old as I don't do b&w pencil portraits now. Nowdays I will use color pencils or biro pens.

post-1020-144191894744_thumb.jpg

• Administrator
Here is a A4 sized portrait of superkicker Casanova Wong I done I think around 2006. I consider it old as I don't do b&w pencil portraits now. Nowdays I will use color pencils or biro pens.

[ATTACH]1415[/ATTACH]

Nice! :bigsmile:

• Administrator

Cool! I like that you put "Dirty Balls" (as the character was named in the first version of ONG-BAK that I ever saw) in there too!

Thanks Kung Fu Bob! At the time like most other fans I was really into this movie! I bought the original thai dvd and I think I used that for this ref pic. It's either that or the dvd they released which had the making of and behind the scenes.

• Administrator
Thanks Kung Fu Bob! At the time like most other fans I was really into this movie! I bought the original thai dvd and I think I used that for this ref pic. It's either that or the dvd they released which had the making of and behind the scenes.

Oh yeah! That was a trip. The extras were sold as a completely different DVD.

Oh yeah! That was a trip. The extras were sold as a completely different DVD.

Yeah I wonder why they couldn't have included the extras with the movie!

What was interesting was in the behind the scenes for the endfight with all the henchmen. From what I remember this footage clearly shows they cut a part out with Jaa doing some aerial spinning knee kick. Makes me wonder what else was cut from the finished movie!

• Administrator
Yeah I wonder why they couldn't have included the extras with the movie!

What was interesting was in the behind the scenes for the endfight with all the henchmen. From what I remember this footage clearly shows they cut a part out with Jaa doing some aerial spinning knee kick. Makes me wonder what else was cut from the finished movie!

I remember watching this with my buddies after the film and a few of us noticed that the kick you mentioned was not in the film. Shame, as it was a nice move. Well, at least we got to see it.

Here is a drawing by Derek Chin of my Sifu Tommy Carruthers with his own late teacher Jesse Glover that was presented to Tommy after a recent seminar he taught in San Fransico.

drawing2.jpg

I LOVE this!!!