KFC MEMBERS ART GALLERY

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hi Guys and Gals. Apparently there are a lot of creative forum members out there, drawing, painting, sculpting, et. So far, I've only seen a few post pics of their stuff- Tosh, Daigoro and Joe Pineapples (and maybe a few others)- and all of these guys have vastly different styles, and do fascinating work. I really enjoy seeing people's artwork, so I thought I would start a thread dedicated to just that.

Let's see only original work by members- not official posters or lobby cards- on this thread okay? Martial arts and Asian themed pieces would be great, but I'm personally open to see whatever work forum artists are willing to share! :D

So please show us your art!

• Like 2

Very cool idea KFBob, we should get a sticky on this, for those of you with kids have them do some Asian inspired art and post those to, nothings better than seeing kids art.

I'd like to note that the art Joe Pinnaples posted is by a famous artist named Yue Minjun, I believe he is from China.

The pig is something I started drawing after getting back from Asia and was inspired by the cartoon animals on billboards over there.

Piggy1.jpg

SkyPig.jpg

SleepPig.jpg

Hoiahhh1.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to give you a hard tim Bob for making a thread and not putting your awesome artwork in here, but after talking to you I realize you've had some stuff going on so I pulled out some old sketches;)

jgirlhair.jpg

karate.jpg

monkyfu.jpg

jdemon.jpg

• Like 2

I dabbled with drawing in my high school "daze" and mid 80s. Mainly inspired by the characters of Marvel.

My problem was that I could never create anything from scratch as I needed source material to work from.

This piece was originally featured in an Overstreet Price Guide which I then added my own touches to....

http://www.teako170.com/art1.jpg

Loved drawing planets - though that sky took forever (dotdotdotdotdot)

This 2nd piece was something I saw in a MAM issue.

http://www.teako170.com/art2.jpg

(Bob, one of the issues I sent you has this image though its only 2"X2").

And that's what I did. I took a small image and then blew it up adding my own touch....

A few Silver Surfer pics. Again, not original though don't recall the source material....

http://www.teako170.com/art3.jpg

http://www.teako170.com/art4.jpg

I never considered myself a good "artist" though I fancied myself a decent plagiarizer... :P

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I was going to give you a hard tim Bob for making a thread and not putting your awesome artwork in here, but after talking to you I realize you've had some stuff going on so I pulled out some old sketches;)

Hey Tosh, I'm trying to keep focused on the positive and not "go dark", you know? As a friend, you're always welcome to bust my chops. :D But I've already seen my stuff! A few people that complimented my art said "I'm also an artist" so I thought it would be cool to see other people's work. I'll add stuff ocassionally to keep the thread alive though.

Nice sketches! ;)

I dabbled with drawing in my high school "daze" and mid 80s.

Loved drawing planets - though that sky took forever (dotdotdotdotdot)

This 2nd piece was something I saw in a MAM issue.

(Bob, one of the issues I sent you has this image though its only 2"X2").

And that's what I did. I took a small image and then blew it up adding my own touch....

A few Silver Surfer pics. Again, not original though don't recall the source material....

I remember the days of doing that "dot" thing! :P A girlfriend who was an artist introduced me to masking tape and sponges which takes a 1/6 of the time.

I recognized the drawing from the magazine right away. I've been reading those all week- thanks!

Silver Surfer! You've got good taste and some penciling skills T. ;)

Hey... you. Yeah, YOU. The person reading this right now... I know you've got something you want to share, right? :nerd:

• Like 1

Hey Tosh, I'm trying to keep focused on the positive and not "go dark", you know? As a friend, you're always welcome to bust my chops. :D But I've already seen my stuff! A few people that complimented my art said "I'm also an artist" so I thought it would be cool to see other people's work. I'll add stuff ocassionally to keep the thread alive though.

Nice sketches! ;)

Yeah man I understand, give a call anytime bro.

Here's one I drew really small with a .30 tech pen, part of my Bad Humor Worse Art series XD

chickentooth2.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

KLSADAKO- my hats off to you. Absolutely beautiful work. You've created some gorgeous women in your pieces. The realistic details are stunning to the point that the first two could be mistaken for hi-end photographs. Are you creating these from your imagination, recreating photos, or working with live models? Also, what paper/canvas and medium are you working with? I'd guess they're pencil and charcoal.

• Like 1

Thanks Tosh ^^

Cheers gorhama, I'll do that ^^

KLSADAKO- my hats off to you. Absolutely beautiful work. You've created some gorgeous women in your pieces. The realistic details are stunning to the point that the first two could be mistaken for hi-end photographs. Are you creating these from your imagination, recreating photos, or working with live models? Also, what paper/canvas and medium are you working with? I'd guess they're pencil and charcoal.

Thanks Bob...

I just find images from the net, it's not very original but I enjoy it ^^

If I was really working with Live models, drawing would be the last thing on my mind XD

My materials are mainly A3 Bristol Board paper 220 gsm, and pencils, mainly mechanical ones ^^

Here are a few more ^^

post-548-144191884946_thumb.jpg

post-548-144191884951_thumb.jpg

post-548-144191884954_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm a total Tolkien fanatic - and my fave JRRT book is definitely Silmarillion.

So... This is a picture of Maglor - the second eldest son of Fëanor... (Fëanorians rule.)

Bor with sons (only Silmarillion/HoME geeks are likely to know them)...

A rather inept attempt at doing something with watercolor.

Zhen Zhibing and Zhao Zhijing...

I'm not good with brushes.

Posting photo-referenced fan art after KLSADAKO's wonderful pics is a tad foolish, but what the hell...;-)

Cesare's poison of choice...;-)

Cheng Haofeng as Li Yan

Guys don't look much like themselves, but it was fun drawing those...

• Like 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'm a total Tolkien fanatic - and my fave JRRT book is definitely Silmarillion.

So... This is a picture of Maglor - the second eldest son of Fëanor... (Fëanorians rule.)

Bor with sons (only Silmarillion/HoME geeks are likely to know them)...

A rather inept attempt at doing something with watercolor.

Zhen Zhibing and Zhao Zhijing...

I'm not good with brushes.

Posting photo-referenced fan art after KLSADAKO's wonderful pics is a tad foolish, but what the hell...;-)

Cesare's poison of choice...;-)

Cheng Haofeng as Li Yan

Guys don't look much like themselves, but it was fun drawing those...

I know most artists are their own worst critics, but dude! your work is sweet! :D And I thought you did terrific liknesses of the actors. Your Wei Pai is a much better likness than mine. And I think your brush work is fine. It's obvious that you put more work into the faces than the clothes (on the watercolor), but that is still a very nice painting. If I may... You need to fall in love with your subjects to do them justice, and I often fall into a trap that you appear to be in too. I put my all into the faces and bodies, and sort of just slug on through the clothing, and background parts. It's important to try to "love" these parts of a piece too. To try to make the art's viewer think the "mask" is shining, or "feel" the roughness of a worn leather belt. So if you can concentrate on finding the essence of the yellow robes instead of feeling like "I have to do this part now..." then your pieces will have more power.

Yes, I offered unsolicitated advice- hope you're not offended- but don't get the wrong idea. I think your work is really wonderful. I was just responding to your self-critique. Thank you so much for sharing your work, and I hope you post more.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Thanks Bob...

I just find images from the net, it's not very original but I enjoy it ^^

If I was really working with Live models, drawing would be the last thing on my mind XD QUOTE]

I used to love to draw from live models. The trick is to not let it distract you, but allow alow the experience to entice you. Often these drawing sessions would end with a passionate romantic interlude- the creation of the piece itself, simply serving as extended foreplay. Ah... the days of youth.

Love the new posts! This thread is starting to rock now! :D

Yes, I offered unsolicitated advice- hope you're not offended- but don't get the wrong idea. I think your work is really wonderful. I was just responding to your self-critique. Thank you so much for sharing your work, and I hope you post more.

Offended? Not in the least! On the contrary. I am more than grateful for any pointers you can give...:-)

And you are so right about being 'more in love' with certain parts of the picture...;-) That indeed is a trap I very often find myself in.

Thanks for your kind words...:-)

• Like 1

Great stuff, as usual, KLSADAKO. Dang, I wish I had your patience.

Something from me... I'm reading Lu Xiao Feng now, so I tried to do a pic of Xi Men Chui Xue...

He probably looks more melancholic than he should. :-/ (XMCX is not exactly supposed to a sentimental guy.)

post-124-14419188497_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Damn I need to start getting better at drawing people, I'm more of a cartoony animal artistXD

Great drawings KLSADAKO and Cesare, very inspiring.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Something from me... I'm reading Lu Xiao Feng now, so I tried to do a pic of Xi Men Chui Xue...

He probably looks more melancholic than he should. :-/ (XMCX is not exactly supposed to a sentimental guy.)

This is a gorgeous, powerful piece!

kingofkungfu2002

Here's a couple of drawings I did a long, long time ago (it's been about 6 years since I last picked up a pencil :S )

Sammo Hung

15717ol.jpg

Cynthia Rothrock

x8zf5.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Here's a couple of drawings I did a long, long time ago (it's been about 6 years since I last picked up a pencil :S )

Nice work! And I know you have more to share, because I've seen a few of them. So please post more. I always feel sad when people say they've stopped drawing.

I'm so glad this thread is blooming. I hope more members will post. Don't be shy.

• Like 1