Coming soon from Media Blasters!!!

Killer Meteor

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten Tigers of Kwangtung!!! Unless this version actually has a coherent story and scenes that make sense I dont get what the !!! is about either!!!

One of my favorites! Despite the confusing story, this film still has some decent fight scenes. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of those films that was filmed part by part over a period of years.

Yes, a mess of a movie but still a great flick -- if only for its on-screen talent.

Wonder how this movie would have looked if AFS hadn't busted the ol' noodle up??

Guess we'll never know ... Anyhow, here's a behind-the-scenes pic from August '78.

10tgr.jpg

Guest Markgway

Maybe the film title should've been in the header to stop anyone from getting prematurely excited? lol

Shaolin Patriot
Yes, a mess of a movie but still a great flick -- if only for its on-screen talent.

Wonder how this movie would have looked if AFS hadn't busted the ol' noodle up??

Guess we'll never know ... Anyhow, here's a behind-the-scenes pic from August '78.

10tgr.jpg

Anyone know who the Caucasian guys are in the photo? Perhaps some publicity people? Kuo Chui looks a bit serious - maybe annoyed over the silly grins and poses that the white guys are showing? :l

Anyone know who the Caucasian guys are in the photo? Perhaps some publicity people? Kuo Chui looks a bit serious - maybe annoyed over the silly grins and poses that the white guys are showing? :l

British Parliament members who were visiting HK.

Those white gentlemen don't look that bad, except that hat! However, Kuo Choi (not pissed as such surely?), Wang Lung Wei (?) and Fu Sheng should lighten up.

Maybe MB could do a 2-disc set and re-edit the movie into a comprehensible state :D!

Looks like better subtitles probably won't save the film if it's widely reported it doesn't make sense - yet to see the film myself, of course.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Chen Lung- IMO, the major problem with this film is that they took a great subject, that would've made an awesome film if it had been told in a straight-forward manner, and added a confusing flashback/ flashforward structure to it. This story didn't need to be told in this manner. It's not a mystery, so complicating the plot's narrative only distracts from what's going on.

Without dropping any spoilers- the filmmakers' idea to have the older generation of SB actors featured along with their new players is fine, and adds to the fun. But I really feel like they dropped the ball with the script- if there was one. That being said, after initially watching TEN TIGERS I was left wondering just exactly what I'd seen other than some cool action. Upon a second viewing, I found the plot a lot less confusing, and enjoyed the kung fu fighting even more. So I would recommend that you do check this film out. I think you'll like it, as long as you go in knowing what to expect. There are certainly some magic moments in the film, and personally, I will be triple-dipping when I buy Media Blasters' release of this.

Ku Feng looks to be having a grand ol timeXD

I saw Ten Tigers when I was a kid on tv so the fragmented story didn't bother me then because I was more interested in the fighting.

Looking back this is like the Pulp Fiction of Shaw Brother films.

Archived