Malaysian DVDs on HKflix

venom10463

Are these Malaysian DVD worth the buy? I see a lot of them on HKflix from different companies. Majority of them are newly released dvds, especially a bunch of Korean ones.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I just placed an order for the Malaysian DVD of THE CHASER. Normally I buy the Korean versions because their disc's quality is typically superior to other releases. But with the economy in this wretched state, I opted for the cheapest legitimate version available. I'll let you know the quality once it arrives.

I just placed an order for the Malaysian DVD of THE CHASER. Normally I buy the Korean versions because their disc's quality is typically superior to other releases. But with the economy in this wretched state, I opted for the cheapest legitimate version available. I'll let you know the quality once it arrives.

Thanks for the reply Bob.

I bought the Malaysian dvd of Chocolate since it had subtitles, and the quality is acceptable, but inferior to the Thai version. the print was definitely a bit darker on the Malaysian disc, and to be honest the subtitles were not done well at all. but, it is still very watchable.

Basically you get what you pay for. The discs are cheaper so the quality isnt the greatest. but they are worth it imo. Bob I have that version of "The Chaser" and I thinks its perfectly fine. Good audio, video and subtitles. Dont expect any special feature though. I have purchased the Malaysian versions of "The Chaser", "Public Enemy 3", "Death Bell" and "Hansel & Gretel". And I have no complaints with any of them. As you can see I mainly go for the Korean films because the Korean discs are outrageously exspensive!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Bob I have that version of "The Chaser" and I thinks its perfectly fine. Good audio, video and subtitles. As you can see I mainly go for the Korean films because the Korean discs are outrageously exspensive!

Okay cool. I'm looking forward to THE CHASER. My friend saw it at a festival and was raving about it.

They are mucho denero, but more often than not, worth the price. The multi-disc box for SILMIDIO was awesome. I just wish they would provide English subs for all the extras. Maybe they do now- like recent HK DVD releases- I haven't bought a Korean distributed release in quite a while.

You will not be disappointed in "The Chaser', its a damn good film.

They are mucho denero, but more often than not, worth the price. The multi-disc box for SILMIDIO was awesome. I just wish they would provide English subs for all the extras. Maybe they do now- like recent HK DVD releases- I haven't bought a Korean distributed release in quite a while.

I agree, the quality of the release is second to none. Much like the Japanese releases which are even more expensive then the Korean discs. Much like you I havent bought any Korean discs in a while. The last one I bought was either "Fighter In The Wind" or "Oldboy", cant remember which one I got first. I know what you mean with the subtitles, both those sets have a TON of great extras but not subtitled in Eng. Hell it can even be quite challenging just trying to navigate through the menu's!!

Archived