BRAVE ARCHER---tokyo shock

bobo

hi--i know this movie release date is listed on amazon as april 7th --but apparently its been in stock and available on hkflix for a while now. mine mailed today. interested parties should check it out.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This now shows as available now and awaiting shipment from Netlfix, for anyone who uses it. Hopefully my copy will be mailed soon. Yeah don't know what happened to April 7th. It came early.

I got my copy in the mail today from The Right Stuf International. There's a commentary track on the disc, but it's not listed on the packaging. It's accessible from the audio menu. Also the disc features a credit-less opening in the extras section. The only other things on the disc is trailers for four of their other Shaw Bros. movies (nothing new) a still photo gallery and a recent Celestial trailer for the Brave Archer.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention. The number on the spine is 5.

Morgoth Bauglir

Oh cool. I've read a bunch of his reviews. I can't remember if it was Brave Archer or Life GAmble that was supposed to have the Toby Russel commentary. But it looks like that commentary must be officially dead.

Killer Meteor

Maybe the lack of a Russel commentary was a blessing. He's a great guy but he mumbles so much he makes Brando seem coherent

Now about this Brave Archer disc

Anamorphic?

Progressive?

Mandarin mono?

English mono?

Original dub?

Anything else?

Anamorphic? Yup

Progressive? I don't see any combing when pausing scenes in motion. So I'm guessing yes.

Mandarin mono? Yup

English mono? English mono and 5.1

Original dub? Sounds like an older dub to me, but I'm no expert on the subject

I took these screen shots using PowerDVD, they have been slightly compressed for smaller file sizes but should give you an idea of the quality.

archer5.jpg

archer4.jpg

archer3.jpg

archer2.jpg

archer1.jpg

Shaolin Patriot

Besides The Right Stuf International, has anyone received their copy from any of the other online retailers? If so, where did you get it? Most retailers still have it listed as either discountinued or on pre-order.

I bought my copy at the retail store FYE (For Your Entertainment), last weekend. The FYE store online still says preorder for April 10th, but I saw a few copies in two of their stores.

Archived