The Best Female-Centric Martial Arts Movies

DeathShrike

Guest WuxiaFan
you forgot the most beautiful and most skilled female fighter in movies: MOON LEE! XD

I don't have any of her movies. Any suggestions?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have any of her movies. Any suggestions?

Angels, Nocturnal Demon and Dreaming the Reality are her best overall films in terms of fighting.

Guest WuxiaFan
Angels, Nocturnal Demon and Dreaming the Reality are her best overall films in terms of fighting.

Found IRON ANGELS (aka Angles). Who has the other two? What about the AVENGING QUARTET, KICKBOXER'S TEARS, BEAUTY INVESTIGATOR, and THE INSPECTOR WEARS SKIRTS series?

Chen lung - is there an uncut version of IRON ANGELS out there anywhere? :)

Kickboxer's Tears has some pretty good fights, a nicely deranged Yukari Oshima. Beautiful Investigator is pretty average, aside from nice comic moments from Moon and some ok fights.

DeathShrike
Chen lung - is there an uncut version of IRON ANGELS out there anywhere? :)

Wait, is the current remastered release cut?

Guest WuxiaFan
Wait, is the current remastered release cut?

DS - I'm looking at Mei Ah's version:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.543691/qx/details.htm

This version, which is also available at dddhouse.com, has a running time of 96 mins. Under "Technical Notes" at HKFlix, two similar comments have been posted about this version:

"This version is cut. You won't see Yukari's "breast-scene" in this version, sadly."

"My only disappointment here is that some bits of Yukari Oshmima's (billed as Cynthia Luster) excellent fight scenes have been edited... e.g. her boob flash as part of a disarming sequence. The scene makes much less sense when so edited, and also loses some (but not all) comic value."

So, I'm just wondering if an "uncut" version exists before I get the current version. :S

I thought that instead of creating a new thread on the topic, I would revive this one instead since I felt that there was a good discussion going on.

Anyway I was curious, does anybody know whether there is a website/books which has a focus on martial arts films with female leads in them?

To open up another topic, what are some upcoming female lead martial arts films that people are looking forward to (if there are any)?

ShaOW!linDude

Go to page 7 of this forum and look for 2011 Martial Arts Films Reports.

You might find something there.

All right here is my picks:

Azumi

Azumi 2

Wing Chun - Michele Yeoh

Chocolate

Zatoichi - Female Version

Kill Bill, Vol. 1 (uncut Japanese version)

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Regin of Assassins

Lady Snowblood #1

One Armed Boxer
Anyway I was curious, does anybody know whether there is a website/books which has a focus on martial arts films with female leads in them?

In regards to books....I think nothing beats `The Essential Guide to Deadly China Dolls` by Rick Baker & Toby Russell, although it`s quite difficult to come by these days.

51QqclPrguL.jpg

To open up another topic, what are some upcoming female lead martial arts films that people are looking forward to (if there are any)?

I`ll go for `Chocolate 2` with Jija Yanin and `Kunoichi` with Rina Takeda!

Thanks for the information guys, I'll have to check out the book if i get the chance

Aside from Chocolate 2, there's also an upcoming film named Candy that I also found interesting. It has zara phythian as the star.

http://www.zaraphythian.co.uk/#/latest-news/4546268295

As for the plot, well, from what i can tell, it's very similar to that of Chocolate..

Guest WuxiaFan
In regards to books....I think nothing beats `The Essential Guide to Deadly China Dolls` by Rick Baker & Toby Russell, although it`s quite difficult to come by these days.

That book's a treasure! And I've got it! :xd:

I did find my copy used off amazon, so if you find one, get it. Highly recommended for fans of female fighters.

I was just browsing the forum and reading this thread again and thought it was worth digging up. I certainly enjoyed some of other peoples suggestions.:bigsmile:

Secret Executioner

Golden Ninja Warrior is pretty fun, though I could do without that brutal scene where the lead character gets beaten and raped. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Not really female-centric, but House Of Flying Daggers is pretty nice and I really enjoy the action from the "blind" girl. :nerd:

I know I'm a little late to the this forum but one I haven't seen was "hard revenge Milly" she also plays in bushido man. I had no idea a chocolate 2 was in the works. That's fantastic news, I loved that movie

Archived