MA Movies long overdue for remastering, too Long!

TheFlyingPanda

TheFlyingPanda

I've got to see some great Kung Fu classics released in prestige form. I thought when I got my hands on remastered classics like Chinese Super Ninjas, Fist of Fury, Drunken master and Masked Avengers it would feed my hunger. This is not the case, I can never stop! I'm glad I could find a place like this forum where people understand my fanatic state and know more about Martial arts film than I do. What films are long overdue for a remastered, or at least very nice DVD release? Though there are allot more, I can only start thinking of the few I'm always waiting for like.

Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth

The Chinese Stuntman

From the Highway

Pedicab driver

Pray For Death

Ninja III: The Domination

Shaolin vs Lama

The Secret Rivals

snuff bottle connection

Iron Monkey (original)

any other suggestions?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

Snuff Bottle Connection got a remastered release in the UK, using a nearly uncut German print. Its OOP sadly. The same company did an OK remastered Secret Rivals as well

TheFlyingPanda

Out of Print, so theirs no chance on getting it, or If someone is still supplying the DVD's? Another classic Needed for remastering is Hell's Wind staff

Killer Meteor
Out of Print, so theirs no chance on getting it, or If someone is still supplying the DVD's? Another classic Needed for remastering is Hell's Wind staff

Hell'z Windstaff is one we need to find a good English print for to get the longer ending. The HK prints cut down the finale for some odd reason

TheFlyingPanda

I would love an Uncut, widescreen, sharp and clear at the least of HWS. I feel Hitman in the Hand of Buddha deserves a cleaned original scope print too! It might not be in some fan's top Hwang movies, but still kick ass! If anything, now is a good time for a DVD release of some of these classics.

There's too many to name.. I could go on for days, but here's a few:

Five Fighters from Shaolin

Brutal Boxer

Shaolin vs Lama

Fatal Needles vs Fatal Fists

War of the Shaolin Temple

Call me Dragon

Killer Meteor
I would love an Uncut, widescreen, sharp and clear at the least of HWS. I feel Hitman in the Hand of Buddha deserves a cleaned original scope print too! It might not be in some fan's top Hwang movies, but still kick ass! If anything, now is a good time for a DVD release of some of these classics.

I could have sworn I'd read somewhere there was going to be a scope print of that on dvd in Germany. no news yet

Among the many these could do with a dual track+ Subs re-master-

Master Killers

Return of the deadly blade

The Loot

The Challenger

Drunken Master (with the familiar dub)

Shaolin Plot

Snake Crane Secret

Snake Deadly Act

Showdown At the Cotton Mill

The Heroes

Heroes of the Wild

Woman Avenger

strangely enough theres quite a few sammo hung films which have not even been officially released on DVD, which is a shame cos they are great and hilarious

as for others there's just too many :(

thundered mantis

My top 5 are:

5 Fighters from Shaolin

Shaolin vs Lama

To Kill a Mastermind

Lovers Blades

Thunderclap

And also

Shanghai 13

Killer Meteor

It'd be interesting to know what actually is out there in terms of prints and negatives. Many titles are likely condemned to the poor video dupes but there are hopefully more prints out there in collections

Personally, I think DVD distributors should not bother releasing theatre prints from HK unless they are willing to re-do the subtitles. I can't stand those crummy old subs graffitiing up the films but that's just me

TheFlyingPanda

How can I forget The Loot, still got that widescreen English dub print relesed a while back. A remastered print of Five Fighters From Shaolin is another Movie I'm alway's looking for.

Morgoth Bauglir

I would take that wide version of Five Fighters that Abbotwhite has on youtube. That would be good enough for me.

The movie I most want to see in wide is Killer in White.

The Mystery of Chessboxing does anyone know if the frame cuts that are present in the "Ninja Checkmate" DVD release are in all prints of the film? Its so annoying, at first I thoght they had stopped the camera in the middle of the scene everytime but the commentary track says that frames were actually cut from the print to speed up the action.

Speaking of old school remasters and chessboxing, I've got a copy of 7Grandmasters on the way, $5 on ebay:D

TheFlyingPanda

I picked up a copy of 7 Grand Masters a few years back from Tokyo Shock, I believe and it was awesome! Remasters like this is enough for me. Is there any hope of ever seeing Born Invincible (at the least) in it's original format on DVD?

Killer Meteor

Born Invincible is one of the Hong Hwa films misssing in a widescreen print, though there was a rumour Joesph Kuo has one as it was his fave film

That brings up Dynamo. There is also some Tan Tao Liang stuff I would like to see. One that probably never will be remastered but absolutely should is Battle for the Republic of China.

I would love to see better releases for movies like

Live Hard

Innocent Interloper (Joy Sales, an upgrade from the vcd would be greeeat)

Red Zone

Pedicab Driver

etc etc....

More remastered Bruceploitation is needed. There are plenty only available in FS VHS formats.

Bull$#*t!!!

:l

defangthewolf

sigh, here i go again sticking up for the most underrated kf title - 7 steps of kung fu

thedirtytiger

I sort of agree, some of the Bruceploitations are very good and I actually find them more enjoyable than the real Bruce films many times, especially like Dynamo, Bruce Against Iron Finger, Secret Of Bruce and some other Bruce Li's, they deserve to at least have decent releases....

Archived