British Secret Rivals DVD's (and others): info wanted.

Guest Yi Long

Guest Yi Long

Right now there is a sale over at play.com, and titles like Secret Rivals are now only 7 pounds orso.

I understand these are remastered widescreen versions, with original language? Can anyone fill me in about the (AV) quality and if they're worth buying? Are they uncut?

Invincible Armour (UK) doesnt have original mandarin/canto, does it? So I should skip it for the time being!?

Any other good quality UK dvd's worth buying (martial arts wise)!?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Senor Quack

As you mentioned, the UK Invincible Armour does NOT have the Mandarin dub/English subs included. It's English Dub only . The quality is excellent however and I don't believe you can buy a legit version with Manadrin/English Subs.

Guest killer meteor

For some unknown reason, the DVDs of Invincible Armour are cropped heavily. There is a German DVD - I wonder what that's like

Guest chopsocky

the uk dvd release has sources taken from a near perfect 2.35:1 and a 2.30:1 source's im pretty sure

Guest killer meteor

Invincible Armour is 2.05:1 cropped from 2.35:1. Ok, not that heavy but still pointless.

Guest Yi Long

I'll skip Invincible Armour for the time being, untill they manage to release a proper dvd.

Thanks for the link to the review of Secret Rivals. Seems like it would be a good DVD to buy.

Which if the Secret Rival movies is the best? Pt 1 or pt 2? And is Pt2 also a decent DVD release?

Thanks guys.

Guest Lei Kung

Go with part 1....*waits for yet another argument to break out*

The original dub for Invincible Armour is among my favorites. If you haven't seen IA, I highly recommend you get it in whatever form. I've got the grainy old Mega-Bit release and I've played it more times than anything in my collection.

Archived