Diamond Fight 1981- Lee Tso Nam

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Diamond Fight 1981- Lee Tso Nam

Does anyone have a copy of this, and if so, is the movie any good??

Intro

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Movie is good not a classic by any means but a good modern day action thriller with some nice hand to hand combat and an engaging plot.Last saw it in Cinemas around 1984.Don't know if anyone associated with this forum has a copy.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks for the info KC! I'll probably try to track it down... seems like a bit of a rarity though.... could be wrong!

I personally didn't think much of it. Not to impressed with the fights or the story. I enjoyed Lee Tso Nam's Blood Brothers a lot more, underrated in my opinion. But if you're a completist check it out.

Thanks for the info KC! I'll probably try to track it down... seems like a bit of a rarity though.... could be wrong!

I've got the danish VHS in great shape. If you would be interested in buying or trading it you can send me a PM.

thundered mantis

I got the spanish VHS recorded onto DVDr, good image quality. I scanned a couple of times through it, and couldn´t locate any hand to hand combat. Maybe I was too kick on the FF? I´d swear that movie didn´t have any fighting action, just gunfights and so

Chan Wei Man is a vicious contract killer in this film but he has few scenes though when he appears he commands attention.There are hand to hand combat scenes mostly done by Wang Tao.Plot was fresh and a different concept in relation to it's contemporaries.Blood Brothers starring Wang Tao and Chen Kuan Tai and Wild Panther starring Chang Shan were released later in my neck of the woods so there was room for improvement.Hope the dvd / vhs you guys have is uncut.This film should not run for less than 90 mins give or take + or - 1 minute.

How is Chan Wai Man in it??

He does some okay fighting against Wong Goon-Hung. I think all the action is okay, some scenes are very short while others (like the motorcykle scene for example) lasts a little longer. I thought the movie never got boring and held my interest very easily. Those who like Norman Chu, Chan Wai-Man, Don Wong Tao, Wong Goon-Hung and (the pretty as usual) Mizuno Yuko have not much to loose on a watch really.

Here's a funny audioclip from the movie (Chan Wai-Man english dubbed):

http://rapidshare.com/files/90008587/Tits.zip.html

I got the spanish VHS recorded onto DVDr, good image quality. I scanned a couple of times through it, and couldn´t locate any hand to hand combat. Maybe I was too kick on the FF? I´d swear that movie didn´t have any fighting action, just gunfights and so

Hi, was the spanish print widescreen?

The Finnish VHS I own is horrible fullscreen, must be concentrated watching to know who's speaking to whom... It's not really a martial arts film, although it has a couple of fights, more a crime thriller. Maybe not for all tastes, but one of my all-time favourites. For me it's all there: very unusual intriguing plot, interesting characters and their development, good actors and great tempo on directing, cutting, camera work and 'borrowed' music ;)

Archived