Chaku Master (1974) Uncut?

bigrogie

Hello.

Anybody has THE CHAKU MASTER with the nunchaku scenes? All I find is the DVD version where all these scenes are cut which runs for 83 minutes (which I have). The original VHS had those scenes. Would trade for it. I have 2600+ fu flix titles to offer.

My email r.judd@videotron.ca

Thank you.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Please help BigRogie.

What is a Chaku Master without the chakus?

Lost.

Yes my friends... lost. :(

This is a completely ridiculous film! It's so-bad-it's-good. But I was definitely disappointed to see the nunchaku scenes trimmed- obviously this was a UK print.

I know one of you collectors out there must have this uncut.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
will check my version

Houndslow, everyone that knows you has told me good things about you. Can you be the savior of the CHAKU MASTER? :o

I'll check my copy, and let you know at which point the first obvious cut appears in the film. That'll make it easier on you to check it out. Thanks brother! ;)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Hi Houndslow,

I would love a copy of the Uncut Chaku Master if you have it.

I had the VHS as a kid and have fond memories of all the crazy nun-chaku skills. The best one being after he finished fighting the big gang at the beginning of the movie, he throws both nun-chukus in the air and they come to land perfectly into his chaku holsters strapped to his back. Ridiculously classic scene!

Please email me if you find it: houserocca@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

Hey man, sadly our good friend and kung fu brother Andrew "Houndslow" passed away a few months ago. :squigglemouth:

• Administrator

Yes, it's unbelievable that a film called THE CHAKU MASTER would have had all the scenes featuring nunchaku cut from it! My guess is that the edited print that was circulating was a UK version, as the sale of, or ownership of nunchaku, and all scenes in films depicting them was outlawed in the UK until fairly recently. The good news is that there IS now an uncut print out there making the rounds. Big thanks to my friends here who shared it with me- a certified nunchaku fanatic! :nerd:

The film is one of those great bad films, and it's extremely entertaining from start to finish. If you want to read more about it, please check out my synopsis on the back of the DVD cover.

Here is the custom cover I made for it in case anyone would like it for their copy.

CHAKUMASTER-DVDcover_zps219ccad2.jpg

Chaku Master [1974] - Dir. Luis San Juan

Filipino Bruceploitation flick starring Bruce Ly who is a martial artist hired to ward off some baddies terrorizing and pillaging a local village. Hilariously bad but some parts were comedy gold and just had me laughing my ass off. There was a particular scene where our hero is getting fellatio performed by his love interest (played by actress Connie Angeles) and the director juxtaposes images of Bruce in orgasmic ecstasy with farm animals. I have to say that Connie was pretty sexy in this film. It was refreshing to see a love interest with a muffin top and portrayed by someone on the chubbier side. There is another classic scene where Bruce takes on a sumo wrestler on the beach which might've been the most entertaining and best fight scene in the whole movie.

★☆☆☆☆

• Like 2