Hong Kong Godfathers UNCUT DVD RELEASED?!?!?!?!

deathdealer

Mandarin Left Channel Only

Burned-in English subtitles

Sounds like it could also be a mainland VCD release... was there ever one floating around?

If there was, i would be surprised if it was actually uncut.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mistertpitydafoo

I know this is off subject, but I don't want to support panmedia or red sun, but I am looking to get some english dubs of my favorite shaws, mainly the venom films is what I'm looking for now. I was trying to take chinese super ninjas dub and rip the movie from my ivl dvd to use the english dub audio but there seemed to be no way I could get it to sync up. I guess I'm not knowledgable about syncing audio and video.

I would like to trade or even purchase (a small fair fee to cover the costs of blank dvds plus the time of you having to copy them) english dubbed versions with celestial quality widescreen video of the following titles:

-Five Venoms (I have the dub but if it's one with a celestial quality widescreen video with the english dub I want it, I think panmedia has a version like this)

-Five Element Ninjas

-Flag of Iron

-Rebel Intruders

-Shaolin Rescuerers (I have the dubbed one with fullscreen crappy video, looking to upgrade)

-Crippled Avengers

-Magnificent Ruffians

-Masked Avengers

-Kid With The Golden Arm

-Invincible Shaolin

-The Daredevils

-Life Gamble (don't know if it exists or not but interested, although interested more in the above films)

If anyone needs, I already have excellent dubbed versions of House of Traps and Two Champions of Shaolin. I have a large collection of celstial/ivl shaws, over 300, plus many others such as region 1 shaw releases, so some movies I have two versions of.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my request, I just don't want to give any of my money to these companies unless it was only a couple dollars a film since they took the time to sync the dub which i can't seem to do. Then I would consider that as just a dub fee and that i already own the ivl/celestial version would mean I'm entitled to the good quality video, i just would but the 2 dollar panmedia for the dub and consider that being the fee for acquiring the dub, instead they are charging top dollar on hkflix and other places in the us. The same person could buy a LEGIT IVL/Celestial version from hong kong for the same price. I guess some people just want the dub so badly they will pay this but I'd rather wait two weeks to get new movies from hong kong than to pay panmedia. For those of you who can't afford the nonbootlegs, there is a place called ehit.com and another called tiger something from the US. They rent out IVL/Celestials like a netflix type of subscription. Since I could not afford to buy 300 ivls before they went out of print, I went that route. Bought about 100 movies the rest are dvd backups with covers found online. I continue to buy whatever I can, but I still would rather pay to rent them and copy them then to give the bootleggers any profit. It hurts Celestial more to receive no profit plus panmedia receives the sale, then to just get no sale to either and no profit to either. Know what I'm saying?

Kung Foolery
not only it'll last longer than PanMedia's crappy media

So true. I've owned several Panmedias (before I knew better) and maybe two AT MOST would play all the way thru on my player without skips, stuttering, generally poor playback.

mantis FIST

I have this title to trade. Brilliant picture. It is NOT the pan media version. I am looking for the jumper version of men from the monastery and some others.

Cheers!

mantis FIST
So true. I've owned several Panmedias (before I knew better) and maybe two AT MOST would play all the way thru on my player without skips, stuttering, generally poor playback.

It is funny to me to see so many people bash their releases. I have several of their releases and have had NO issues with them. Maybe you need a new DVD player.

I think people here over state the quality of their releases to discourage people from buying them! I support the official releases unless I can not get them otherwise!

Cheers!

Kung Foolery
It is funny to me to see so many people bash their releases. I have several of their releases and have had NO issues with them. Maybe you need a new DVD player.

I think people here over state the quality of their releases to discourage people from buying them! I support the official releases unless I can not get them otherwise!

Cheers!

Two different copies of Pole Fighter and one copy of 36 Chambers had skipping problems on two different quality dvd players. And also White Lotus skipped on both players.

Bad luck, I guess.

Morgoth Bauglir

A lot of the discs not working is a problem, like my copies of Super Ninjas, Fists of White Lotus and Invincible Shaolin. Another huge problem is that a lot of their Shaw English dubs are only about 70-80% complete, and most of them sound horrible (scratchy, muffled, tinny...) I have a lot of their DVDs that I bought when I first started collecting DVDs, and because of all my bad experiences, I wouldn't buy one of their DVDs ever again. It would have to be something I really really need, like an uncut version of HK Godfathers. If it's uncut, and someone can confirm that, then get ready for me to bug you constantly about a tradeXD

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey guys, I've never seen HONG KONG GODFATHER before, and I was just sent this supposedly "uncut" Panmedia version. I'll check it out and let you all know how it looks, et. But can anyone tell me how long the edited copy runs, or give me examples of which parts were cut, so I can watch for that?

Morgoth Bauglir

I've only seen the final fight that was uploaded by gfanikf, but there appears to be several cuts in the final fight, for example at 1:17 and 5:59.

VbLEkSw-gY8

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Okay, I watched the Panmedia DVD that my buddy lent me.

I enjoyed the movie- it wasn't fantastic, but it's a decent, action-filled triad flick. I can see how it got such a reputation though, as it's extremely bloody with lots of people getting chopped by blades. But despite there being blood splatterring onto every person, wall, and piece of furniture in sight... THIS VERSION IS NOT UNCUT.

I watched the clip that Morgoth posted, and this DVD is exactly the same edited version. I noticed at least 7 obvious looking edits (including the two Morgoth mentioned), and there could certainly have been more cuts than what was obvious. It even looked like a shot of two women jumping into a pool or hot-tub may have been somewhat cut. They showed two guys' facial reactions to them that suggests they may have been topless, then there's an edit, and the women are already in the water. Very disappointing. But not as much as it would have been if I'd bought it myself! :D

The good news is that none of the cuts ruined the film, or took away from the viewer's understanding of what was going on. At the end of the edited version of HERO (the one with Takeshi Kaneshiro and Yuen Biao) you couldn't even tell what had happened. This is still a splatterific triad bloodbath. From what I could tell, it's simply missing some close-ups of blades shoved into people. Not saying I didn't mind. I hate censored versions of films. But I'm simply letting you all know that it's nothing detrimental to the plot that's missing.

I went to HKFlix to tell them that PanMedia is full of shit, but they had already removed the "uncut" claim from the listing for this. I guess some other displeased fan already shared the news with them. Still, I submitted a technical note to them anyway.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Thanks for the info KF Bob.

No problem. I just wish I'd had better news to report. :S

silver hermit

there is no point trying to make someone see what they refuse to see.the redsun debate has become pointless here. their supporters should start up a redsun forum where they can freely promote those disks.(for whatever reason redsun has support) i'm curious if this is the same version gfanikf was trading? that would be ironic because he is so against them.

Morgoth Bauglir

Don't worry KF Bob, it's from Panmedia so nobody should have expected it to actually be uncut.

Silver Hermit gfanikf loaded this long before the panmedia/red sun version came out. I think I read it's from a UK VHS.

there is no point trying to make someone see what they refuse to see.the redsun debate has become pointless here. their supporters should start up a redsun forum where they can freely promote those disks.(for whatever reason redsun has support) i'm curious if this is the same version gfanikf was trading? that would be ironic because he is so against them.

It could be, BUT I did not sell or trade a copy to Stiller. Trust me when I first saw the entry I thought that somehow BCI was going to release the movie still via Narrave (ie the work had already been done and they had the discs pressed and such). I was not happy when I saw what it was.

They probably dl'ed the video that has been going around & pressed up a dvd. How they get away with this is crazy.

Archived