Samuel Jackson Signs Nine Movie Deal as Nick Fury!

lillippa328

February 25, 2009

by Alex Billington

Back in January, we ran a rather disappointing article about Samuel Jackson potentially not returning as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Nick Fury in any upcoming Marvel movies. But it looks like that rumor couldn't have been any further from the truth. Jackson has signed one for not one, not two, but a total of nine upcoming movies for Marvel which will contain Nick Fury in some capacity, starting with Iron Man 2 and also including Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, any of their sequels, and even potentially a S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off. This was announced by Marvel today and confirmed by Variety, so it's not just another rumor.

Audiences got their first glimpse of Jackson as Nick Fury at the end of the credits of Iron Man, where he appears inside Tony Stark's house and tells him about a team called the Avengers. In the blink of an eye, Jackson became the face of what is now the most integral character in tying the Marvel universe together. Even though he didn't appear in The Incredible Hulk, we knew he was there lurking in the shadows, and we knew that the Avengers was still being developed in that very same cinematic Marvel universe. Now it's great to finally know that Marvel won't be losing him ever again. Are you excited yet?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nine movies?? I only see three Marvel movies as having any sort of potential release right now (Iron Man 2, Thor, Avengers, maaaybbeee Captain America). Good for him; I hope some of them are mega-successful.

drunkenmaster

Most of the appearances are cameo's apart from The Avengers and at least one or two sequels. I think the contract is for a "potential" nine film deal. All depends on how well the series goes.

well i heard before the avengers they were going to do a movie on each of them....so Thor,Iron Man, Hulk, Ant Man/Wasp (i believe and hope in 1), and Captain America,then the Avengers movie which would most likley have a sequal...and a sheild movie spin off...

drunkenmaster

He's already been seen in his cameos for "Iron Man" and "The Hulk". "Thor" is in production right now and "Iron Man 2" is pencilled in for filming next year. "The Avengers" is also very much in production. As for the rest, I think I read somewhere that "Ant Man" was definitely green lit to go. I'm up for them all anyway as an aging comics fan.

Marvel's self-produced movie lineup - from their last quarterly report - goes like this:

Iron Man 2 - May 7, 2010

Thor - July 16, 2010

The First Avenger: Captain America - May 6, 2011

The Avengers - July 15, 2011

They did have an Ant Man movie on the slate a while back - with Edgar Wright attached to direct - but that seems to have gone from the schedule. So the Avengers movie lineup is presumably Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, and maybe the Black Widow as well since she's supposedly in Iron Man 2.

I like the idea of all the movies, expect the spin off..but good for him. And maybe he'll stop appearing in so many movies lol

Archived