Guest Chinatown Kid

Opinions very but these are my 5 favorite:

Chinese Stuntman

Dynamo

Lama Avenger aka The Three Avengers

Soul Brothers of Kung Fu

Iron Dragon Strikes Back aka Gold Connection

Guest Yakuza954

It's good to see Bruce Li finally getting some recognition on the board. Some people just seem to write him off completely because of the his association with bruceploitation. But in reality, he made some good films and provided his unique vision to the genre. The films made later in his career are more like homages to Bruce Lee than the rip-offs the genre is known for. I especially like the way he incorporated traditional martial arts into contemporary urban settings.

My fav 5:

1. Chinese Stuntman

2. The Lama Avenger

3. Iron Dragon Strikes Back

4. Bruce and the Iron Hand

5. Soul Brothers of Kung Fu

btw, does anyone know of uncut versions of Iron Dragon Strikes Back or Soul Brothers of Kung Fu? Iron Dragon Strikes suffers from some dialogue and scenes that seem to be missing in the middle. I also felt like the training sequences in Soul Brothers of Kung Fu were cut short.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I don't know if there was any cut training scenes in Soul Brothers Yakuza, but the DVD version I have does include an alternate ending. It also seems to have some of the violence censored out in the more bloody/violent scenes.

Guest Yakuza954

The alternative ending on that dvd is a lot superior to the one included in the movie itself because of the superior treatment of Carl Scott's character and the shot of Ku Feng's beating heart. I wouldn't be surprised if the "alternative" was the actual original ending in HK.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I wouldn't doubt that either, the "happier" ending was more than likely intended for the western market which definately lessoned the impact.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Ive read the chinese stuntman was one of Bruce Li's favorite films, I had my eye on Dynamo

for a minute. My favorite all time HCTao Movie ever was the biopic "The Man The Myth" Love

that movie so much, i saw it when i was a kid. Always thought it was Bruce Lee. What about

Invincible Bruce Lee?

Thanks a lot

Guest Chinatown Kid

Bruce Li the Invincible is ok but it's not one of his better films imo. It also has one of those silly ass kung fu gorillas. :lol

Guest killer meteor

1. Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger

2. Fist Of Fury II

3. The Gold Connection

4. Bruce Lee: True Story

5. The Chinese Stuntman

Guest kungfusamurai

Bruce Li The Invincible and Bruce Li In New Guinea are sister productions that feature pretty good fight choreography, in spite of the lame story lines and fighting gorillas. They're definitely in the top 5 (I'm not going to list them in order because they're all equally okay). Man & The Myth is another enjoyable film. Blind Fists of Bruce is number 4. And number 5 is....(drum roll please)......actually, there is no single #5 film. I like Chinese Connection 2 and 3, Fists of Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee's Deadly Kung Fu equally. There's more #5. The ones I really don't like are Exit The Tiger Enter The Dragon, and Last Game of Death.

Correction: Actually it was Edge of Fury, not Exit The Tiger Enter The Dragon, that I disliked. Too much frame cutting in the fight scenes of EoF.

KFS

Guest monwobobbo

gotta mention EDGE OF FURY, this one doesn't get much press but has great fights choreographed by tommy lee (also a villian in the film.) highly recommended.

Guest WalkOn

I have trouble with naming just five. My list is similar to Chinatown Kid's but would also enjoyed

Return of the Tiger

Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth

Guest stormybman

Personally, i never really liked Ho Chung Tao, however, as he played more roles, his performances considerably improved. He actually by the early eighties, became quite a decent actor. I never understood his weight problems, he would at times blow up and look really fat, and others, be in great shape....

1.) Bruce Lee The Man,The Myth

(His overall best potrayal of Lee)

2.) Chinese Stuntman

( He also produced)

3.) Dynamo

4.) The Iron Dragon Strikes Back

(Check out the ending... no spoilers)

5.) Fist of Fury III

(Also known as, Jeet Kune The Claws, and The Supreme Kung Fu: He displays great intensity in the final battle sequences, unlike before or since)

Bruce Li gets mad props for being so bad early on, and distingushing just how far and above Bruce Lee was at the time of his death, AND keeping Lee's mythic screen persona alive.

Archived