CHANG YI, BETTER AS A GOOD GUY OR BAD GUY..

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Do you like Chang Yi better as a good guy or a bad guy?

I will go for the bad guy image any time.

To me he rates up there with the best baddies in kung fu cinema.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yang Wu Liang

Bad guy every time! Some of my favourite performances are -Ming Patriots, Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue, Imperial Sword, Shaolin Invincible Sticks and of course The Victim .

Bad guy, though I think he had serious potential as a good guy in his earlier years, but I wouldn't trade in that mustache in Phantom KF for nothingXD

Killer Meteor

I much prefer him as a baddie. His hero parts are rather unremarkable, though this isn't down to his acting. Love him as "The Baron" in Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger"

ironfistedmonk

He can do both but the bad guys usually get the best roles and Chang Yi had some proper bad ass roles, loved him in Eagles Claw, The Victim, way too many more to mention!

silver hermit

you gotta love his villian roles. eagles claw, shaolin invincible sticks, the vicim, chivilrous inn and shaolin mystagouge are great examples. and anytime he teams up with lee tso nam its top shelf

Bad guy, for sure! He's great as a good guy too, but I just can't get enough of him as a villain--especially Eagle's Claw, Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue & Phantom Kung Fu.

A baddie all the way.

In addition to the ones already mentioned - I also love is spider technique in " Challenge of Death".

drunkenmaster

He's versatile enough to play any role with conviction, but if I had to choose I'd have to go with bad guy. In that department he is almost as dependable as Hwang Jang Lee.

i saw bells of death first....loved it...and every role i saw him in afterwards i was dissapointed because he was a villain. that is not to say he does not play the antogonist well...its just saying i wish he was a hero more often

TibetanWhiteCrane

I was sad to see him in a two minute role as a toilet repairman in Return Engagement... that's unworthy!

Chinatown Kid

I don't think he had the looks or charisma to play a hero and was more suited with the charisma and villianous looks to play a baddie, just like Tommy Lee or Chen Sing.

Archived