Who is the actor who plays Chen Zhen in the Fearless Chinese Hero series?

Morgoth Bauglir

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that's him thanks. What a cast they put together here. I've seen Jordan Chan in at least a few movies, but he never stood out to me like he does in this series. I'm on episode 19. So far it's really good.

I love Jordan Chan, he is one of those rare actors that make everything he is in better just by being in it. I haven't yet watched this show yet, but I will eventually, and I can't wait. He never disappoints.

I think Jordan Chan is a great actor. I liked him in the Young and Dangerous films and He's a Woman She's a Man (it was his first film). I have one of his CD's, A Bigger Star. It's a Mandarin CD but has some fun songs...my favorite is "Your mother doesn't like me" LOL :) I never seen him do martial arts, so I'm now curious to see it :)

He's a Woman She's a Man is great, the Y&D series had it's moments, but Chicken definatley stole that whole series. So, Morgoth, you should watch those movies but also check out Men Suddenly in Black, Wo Hu(not a great movie, its good, but Jordan Chan is great in it), Colour of Truth(a movie that is great on its own, but picks up the moment he is on screen), Escape from Hong Kong Island(the bus scene is HILARIOUS "WHOOT, HOOOT"), Bio Zombie and Big Bullet where steals the movie from Lau Ching-Wan. There are others, but these are some of my favorite performances from him.

Back on Topic, how are his and everyone action scenes in this.

kingofkungfu2002
I never seen him do martial arts, so I'm now curious to see it :)

He also gave a pretty good fighting performance in 'God Of Gamblers 3 - The Early Stage'

Morgoth Bauglir

Bravery except Big Bullet I haven't seen those so I'll check them out. Also GOG 3. The action in FCH is nothing great, but there is some good stuff. I'm really nitpicky about wires so other people may like the action more. Leung Kar Yan looks smooth as always. Ekin Cheng's fighting looks competent enough to play the lead role (which totally surprised me), Yuen Shun Yi looks good in the 2 episodes he is in (though there is ton of stunt doubling for him) and Jordan Chan looks good. Jordan's upper body movement is decent enough and he surprised me with some nice kicks. By far the best fight I've seen in the series is where Ekin and a Japanese bad guy have a fight in their minds. This guy's eagle claw looks really good. I can't wait to see more action from him.

Morgoth Bauglir

I finished the series. I'd rate it around a 3/5. It's a good series, but with one major problem. The fights are way too short. Some of the fights are really good, but then it's over in about 20 seconds. They give a little more time for certain fights, but only ones that involve a lot of wires. So not highly recommended, but it's pretty good. And a lot of time can be saved by fastforwarding through the love triangle plot. I probably cut down about 4 hours off the total running time.

Archived