Jason Pai Piao.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Jason Pai Piao,

One actor who can do it all.

I am always wonder struck by the unique quality's he brings to the big screen.

Let us speak our thoughts on this great kung fu movie star.

GD Y-Y

• Like 1

odioustrident

Jason Pai Piao IS the horror wuxia genre.

Human Lanterns

Revenge of the Corpse

Portrait in Crystal

Bloody Parrot

The first and last films are probably my all time favorites in my book.

Ummm fuck yeah Jason Pai Piao!!!

• Like 1

ironfistedmonk

The guy is a legend, some of my fave Shaws of his would be

Shaolin Prince

Secret Service of the Imperial Court

Lady Assassin

Gang Master

Shaolin Intruders

Clan Feuds

Killer Constable

I don't remember him being in Human Lanterns Odius but my memory fails me time and again!

• Like 1

Do not think he was in Lanterns - if he was it must have been a very brief unmemorable role.

This dude came to the fore around the tail end into the early '80s, so pops up all over the place in some of my favourite Shaws - love that era; he rocked up in some of Shaws most wildly choreod.

Always thought the best I've seen him is Men From The Gutter - he added that weird little teeth-checking nuance to an already strange-looking character and gave it an unspoken depth - little things like that make performances, he did that one a treat, plus wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty with the action.

What Price Honesty's another favourite.

• Like 1

odioustrident

Oh yeah Im getting him confused with Chen Kuan Tai's character, but that speaks to the general creepiness he could bring into some of his role.

• Like 1

After seeing him in a few more Shaw titles recently I really think he is one of the better martial artist/actor's that the Shaw Brother's had. He makes such a great evil character when he wants to but is capable of playing any part.

I don't see people talk about him very much (which is too bad) and I am wondering if anyone knows what his martial arts training background is? Did he study as a child or start later in life? What did he study?

• Like 1

After seeing him in a few more Shaw titles recently I really think he is one of the better martial artist/actor's that the Shaw Brother's had. He makes such a great evil character when he wants to but is capable of playing any part.

I don't see people talk about him very much (which is too bad) and I am wondering if anyone knows what his martial arts training background is? Did he study as a child or start later in life? What did he study?

I respect and admire him as well both for his acting and martial arts skills.I don't really know what his training background is but perhaps he was a stuntman and then an extra or bit player in early Shaw movies and maybe even in early Cathay movies as well.

He left Shaws in the early 70s then went on to make very successful independent films which in turn made him very famous in the kung fu film circuit.In my opinion he really didn't need Shaws after this just like Wang Yu.

The films he was well known for in my neck of the woods were not Shaw movies maybe that's why people do not talk much about him in this regard.Also within his on and off spell at Shaws many stars as you know including the Venoms had already been groomed.It was surprising to see him back at Shaws at a later stage till the company stopped making it's trademark movies but again though most of the meaty roles had already gone there was one last hurrah for Shaws, Jason Pia Piao and Tommy Lu Chun ku before the curtain finally closed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Kwok Choi. I remember reading that he actually gained more of a following for some of the tv series he was in instead of his movies. He definately deserved more though!

Does anyone have any favorite movies of his that were not Shaw Brothers releases?

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Great actor and screenfighter! Love his later character roles also. Played the Tom Hagen-esque brother in the '91 Hong Kong Godfather.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Kwok Choi. I remember reading that he actually gained more of a following for some of the tv series he was in instead of his movies. He definately deserved more though!

Does anyone have any favorite movies of his that were not Shaw Brothers releases?

Here are a few non Shaw movies that put him on the map in my neck of the woods.

The Stranger From Canton ( this was a mega hit )

Action Tae Kwon Do ( Hit:did good box office )

Trail Of The Dragon (Average hit, good film)

Crush (did well)

Blind Boxer (also did well)

Magnificent Kick (superhit)

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Jason and Tony Lou Chun-Ku have collaborated with each other many times over...

The Invincible Iron Palm (1971) Secret of my Millionaire Sister (1971)
The Crush (1972), Blind Boxer (1972)
Smugglers (1973), Stranger from Canton (1973), Kung Fu Brothers in the Wild West (1973), Action Tae Kwon Do (1973)
Fingers That Kill (1974), Tough Guy (1974), Trail of the Dragon (1974)
The Black Dragon's Revenge (1975), Magic Curse (1975)
The Girlie Bar (1976)
Strife for Mastery (1977)
The Dragon and the Tiger Kids (1979)
Curse of Evil (1982)
The Lady Assassin (1983) Holy Flame of the Martial World (1983)
Secret Service of the Imperial Court (1984)
The Haunted Madam (1986)
Thunder Run (1991)
Angel Terminators 2 (1993)

7e61618275745b93_b.jpg

• Like 3

Cognoscente

In the last image, I didn't crop out the page featuring Tony Lou Chun-Ku (a.k.a. Tommy Loo Chun) since it seems like the people behind the magazine wanted to create a sight gag about how these men seem to be joined at the hip.

feb 81.jpg

s-l1600 (88).jpg

s-l1600 (87).jpg

s-l1600 (24).jpg

s-l1600 (23).jpg

s-l1600 (35).jpg

imgonline-com-ua-Auto-Contrast-z4LZqWh8lL.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I couldn't write under the picture in the above post !

He looks very much like Chen Kuan Tai in this picture, even the posture looks like Chen Kuan Tai's usual ones !

And to be honest, I don't really recognize Pai Piao here, but maybe I'm mistaken...

• Like 2

Very versatile & prolific actor and a bit underrated in my book. One of my favorite roles of his is The Blind Boxer. Would love to see Kung Fu Brothers in the Wild West get a blu ray release down the road just for his performance in it.

• Like 3