What should I watch first?

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

I bought a few movies today. Death Duel of the Mantis was only average, so which of these should I watch next?

Kill and Kill Again (I never seen the first, I hope it doesn't matter).

Big Boss of Shanghai (Chen Kuan Tai)

The Cavalier (Sze Ma Lung)

White Dragon (Andy On)

Man Wanted (Yu Rongguang)

American Samurai (Marc Dacoscas)

Fatal Blade (gary Daniels)

Black Friday (Gary Daniels)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

For some good cheesy fun, I'd say Kill and Kill Again. Filmed on location in South Africa, it features good Shotokan style Karate fights choreographed by Stan Schmidt and Norman Robinson and some acrobatics courtesy of star James Ryan's double. Be warned it's very campy, but in a good way. Ryan plays World Karate Champion Steve Chase, who is hired to rescue a kidnapped scientest from the cluthes of the evil Marduck who has an army of mind controled slaves under his power. He gathers a bunch of old friends to help him on his mission, each one with a nickname, Gorilla, The Fly, Gypsie Billy, and Hot Dog. The beautiful daughter of the kidnapped Scientist sneaks along for the ride as well. It's one I have fond memories of from my childhood. :)

Oh I forgot to tell you, this is not really a direct sequel to Kill Or Be Killed so it doesn't matter if you haven't seen that one before.

Guest morgoth

I was deciding between that and Big Boss of Shanghai. I am in the mood for some good cheese though, so I will have to go with your recommendation.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Steve Chase, I haven't seen that flick since... 1983? It's been a long while. But I remember Kill And Kill Again being a pretty cool flick.

Guest teako170
Big Boss of Shanghai (Chen Kuan Tai)
Just watched this last night. Decent indie ala "Boxer from S./Man of Iron."

Guest morgoth

Kill and Kill again was AWESOME!! Dialogue doesn't get any better than that in movies.

I will have to give Big Boss another try, cause I didn't really like it.

Guest morgoth

I really liked the surprise before the final fight and the way Kuan Tai had to fight with his elbows and wrist, but the movie was just too slow for me. Even though I found it boring, I liked the story and it was a very well made cheap movie.

Guest morgoth

Just in case people haven't seen some of these movies that I listed in the first post, I will briefly say if I thought they were bad or good.

Kill and Kill Again- easily the best of the bunch.* * * *

Big Boss of Shanghai- good, but I found it boring.

American Samurai- bad movie, but good fights.

Man wanted- above average Hong Kong bloodshed.

The Cavalier- started out good, but I was glad when it ended.

White Dragon- bad, but enjoyable at times.

Black Friday- one of Gary Daniels' best. Slow moving in the second half, but a good movie.

Fatal Blade- one of the worst movies I have seen in a while.

Some other movies I saw recently

Tai Chi Shadow Boxing- kungfucinema.com has a good review of this, but I thought it was much worse than Mark Pollard did. There is some good cheese though and the final fight isn't the worst I have seen.

War of the Shaolin Temple- below average movie, but good kung fu.

Dragon vs. Needles of Death- I was blown away by how bad this was. I could only make it all the way through by fastforwarding for about 30 minutes and cutting the viewing time down to less than an hour. There is some quality basher action, but this movie is seriously on another level of bad.

Mantis vs. falcon Claws- a bad cheesy movie, but Chia Kai was good as advertised.

Iron Phoenix- very boring and not very much fu, but the last 10 minutes are watchable.

Guest chingdog

The Cavalier should have been better but about 20 mins in it was like they thought it was too funny and needed to get serious and they could never make up their minds what to do.....

Guest stormybman

Big Boss of Shanghai, then, burn the rest, come back online and do a request list, in no certain order, and i'm certain you'd come away with some recommended gems. In order to discover diamonds, you need to find the mines, friend.

:rollin

Guest morgoth

I thought Man Wanted, Black friday, and Kill and Kill Again were better than Big Boss of Shanghai. The rest were pretty much trash.

I recenty got Carry on Pickpocket, My Young Auntie, Blond Fury, and Lady Snowblood. This site is good for recommendations.

Guest stormybman

I agree. check this out... I picked up on my last order the following...

Man from Hong Kong

Fearless Hyena Boxset

Clan Feuds

Shaolin Abbot

Masked Avengers

A Fistfull of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

... all remastered and i'm on vacation and just enjoying the hell out of life!!!

:smokin

Archived