villain kung-fu styles..

shaolin drunkard

shaolin drunkard

irst I admit I have not seen nowhere as much movies as most of you...but from my experience if mantis and eagle claw are used,mostly it`s by villain(leung kar yan used mantis as good guy though in thundering mantis tho)...if drunken fist or monkey kung-fu I do not remember ever seeing crook using those.Also if there is lethal palm strike(iron,dragons breath etc..) which kills by one blow I cannot remember seeing heroes have such ability.

so...can you name some movies villain use monkey or drunken boxing?

Edit/Delete Message

ok,there is monkey boxers on wrong side in excellent 2 champions of shaolin.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

There are a fair amount of classic villains using some interpretation of drunken or monkey boxing. One early villain in Knockabout definitely uses Monkey style, and there is often a fight between a more grounded monkey stylist (villain) against an acrobatic one. Examples of the latter can be found in Kung Fu Genius, Mad Monkey Kung Fu? (among others).

Hwang Jang Lee has, at the very least, a drunken stance in Dance of the Drunk Mantis. I'm sure there a number of films with villains using both of these theatrical forms.

You have good monkey versus bad monkey in "Encounters of the Spooky Kind" (a great fight, too!) and I believe we have someone using the monkey pole in...hmm...is it "Warriors Two?" I can't remember exactly.

The main villain in "Shaolin Temple" busts out a drunken sword technique.

Don't forget David Chiang's usage of the mantis technique as a good guy in "Shaolin Mantis."

• Administrator

Though it's not a kung fu, but karate flick- I must mention SOUL OF CHIBA. Chiba-san fights three men who are posessed by monkey spirits. It's an unforgettable scene!

Also, in ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND 2, a black magic villain uses a guy as a monkey pawn to attack Sammo in a really cool sequence.

Heroes using Mantis style- Jet Li and his sifu in MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN when they attack the villain during the climax.

shaolin drunkard

Did Hwang Jang Lee used Eagle Claw while playing good guy in Hitman In The Hand Of Buddha?I think at least bad guy used it but too many years I can`t remember much details about it:(

Archived