lillippa328

Any1 know anything about them?

Mantis in the Monkey's Shadow

(Chang Yi,Wong Tao)

Iron Fist Adventure

(Gordon Liu)

Thundering Ninja

(Chang Yi, Shan Kwan)

I just picked up all 3 from right aid for $8....theyre all the video Asia versions...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any1 know anything about them?

Mantis in the Monkey's Shadow

(Chang Yi,Wong Tao)

Iron Fist Adventure

(Gordon Liu)

Thundering Ninja

(Chang Yi, Shan Kwan)

Just from that title, I had to see what this TN was about. Here's something I found...

http://mitglied.lycos.de/gollumslair/ninjas/thunderingninja/thunderingninja.htm

MITMS is w/ Wong Tao and directed by fav indie Lee Tso Nam. Have it but yet to watch though these 2 "usually" make a good combo, so I'm hopeful, though I've read it suffers from poor photography and choppy editing. We shall see....

IFA? An alt title for sure but for what, I do not know.

Video Asia first released TN and IFA in a 10-movie boxset called Shaw Martial Art Legends.

Iron Fist Adventure is actually the 1972 movie The Adventure starring Jimmy Wang Yu. More info can be found here: http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=10275&display_set=eng

Thundering Ninja is one of those so bad they're good Godfrey Ho splice jobs. Most of the footage is from the 1977 flick The Criminal, which also stars Jimmy Wang Yu. A fact seen in the credits of Thundering Ninja, where he is listed as having a special cameo appearance.

hey,

Thunder Ninja is good fun, with classic bad actor Stuart Smith ripping the screen apart. Especially his opening training scene.

Archived