Silver Hawk (2004)

GoldenFist

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It stars my next wife, Michelle Yeoh. The most lovely, stunt performing lady working today. Sorry Jeeja- you're cute too! ;) Unfortunately, I thought it was a major disappointment. It's worth watching, but it's severely lacking. If you want to see great stuff with Michelle, then check out these:

POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP

YES, MADAM

ROYAL WARRIORS

WING CHUN

MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS

TAI-CHI MASTER

And for ridiculous, but fun B movies:

WONDER SEVEN

HOLY WEAPONS -In this one she teams up with a bunch of other butt-kicking swordswomen. At one point, they all hold on to one another, forming one giant fighter made out of multiple women (one for each leg and arm, et.). IT'S CRAZY!

It stars my next wife, Michelle Yeoh. The most lovely, stunt performing lady working today. Sorry Jeeja- you're cute too! ;) Unfortunately, I thought it was a major disappointment. It's worth watching, but it's severely lacking. If you want to see great stuff with Michelle, then check out these:

POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP

YES, MADAM

ROYAL WARRIORS

WING CHUN

MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS

TAI-CHI MASTER

I agree... from one of the greatest female MA stars it's SOOOOooo disapointing. Bob's list is a far better choice for Michelle Yeoh films. Even Project S is beter, no really!

EDIT: Herioc Trio & Executioners too :)

• Administrator
I agree... from one of the greatest female MA stars it's SOOOOooo disapointing. Bob's list is a far better choice for Michelle Yeoh films. Even Project S is beter, no really!

EDIT: Herioc Trio & Executioners too :)

How on Earth did I forget those 3?! :P

GoldenFist- PROJECT S is a sequel to POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP. Sometimes even referred to as SUPERCOP 2. JC only makes a brief, silly cameo (which I kind of recall being cut out of the US version), but the film's got a good story and some outstanding action- both stunts and fights.

froffeecoffee

Silver Hawk is a major disappointment.:( Uninteresting characters, action is below average, and no story whatsoever. Michelle Yeoh is above this dreck. She's the only reason to see it still, but you'll wonder why she did it.

• Administrator

Not to beat a dead horse... BUT...

When you really dig an actress- she's a great actor, physically accomplished, sexy- and you hear she's going to play a superhero... well, you feel like "How could they possibly screw this up?" Then, you get SILVERHAWK. :l Underwhelming action, a not very sexy costume, and uninspired direction, all add up to an even bigger disappointment than CAT WOMAN... which you kinda' figured was gonna suck anyway!

I happened to catch this on cable once. The only interesting part I thought (and probably the most random one) was when the roller hockey dudes showed up. Otherwise, like everyone else said, it's a real sleeper.

Actually, I rather enjoyed this one. I'm generally not a fan of modern martial arts movies, and reading a bunch of negative reviews, I went in not expecting too much. It's kind of light-hearted and by no means is it an intense fight-fest, but I liked the superhero aspect, and I generally liked the look of the action (more slo-mo, not much undercranking). Pretty decent production values, too. And I guess Michelle Yeoh's charm added enough for me to enjoy it overall, although I'm not going to argue it was a fantastic movie.

• Administrator
speaking of Michelle Yeoh has she stopped taking martial art/action roles only performing dramatic ones?

She was just kicking ass in THE MUMMY 3 this summer.

One Armed Boxer

The guys over at cityonfire have posted that this will be getting a rather bizarre U.S. DVD release from Echo Bridge on July 21st.

The bizarre part is that, rather than advertising it as a multi-movie pack, which it clearly is, it's being promoted as a release of 'Silver Hawk', with special features that include 4 bonus movies!

http://www.cityonfire.com/silver-hawk-wbonus-movies-dvd-echo-bridge/

Amazon provide a description of the 4 other movies, if anyone knows what the logic behind their inclusion is....answers on a postcard! -

Running Delilah

A beautiful secret agent (Kim Cattrall<?b>) is brutally attacked and brought back to life as an artificial superhuman. At first, the adjustment to her new body is difficult, but when she takes her superhuman capabilities to the streets, Delilah becomes a force to be reckoned with.

The Legend of Red Dragon

The police believe a legendary killer—known for his dragon tattoo and deadly sword—is to blame for the recent attacks on the Kurosawa kai crime family. But without any witnesses, all they have is a trail of blood. Unfortunately for them, The Red Dragon has a serious bone to pick with Kurosawa kai...and she won't quit until the score has been settled.

Snake-Crane Secret

During China's Ching Dynasty, two influential groups battle for an artifact that holds eminent secrets, but mankind is doomed if the wrong faction obtains possession of it. Starring Meng Fei, Tang Tao-Liang, and Yu Tien Lung.

Honor

Ex-con crime lord Ray seems to have the streets all figured out. But when his friend-turned-enemy, Gabriel, shows up after many years away, Ray fears his power is threatened. Gabriel, a skilled, military-trained fighter, also has the backing of Officer Tyrell, a father figure with a penchant for protecting the neighborhood. Together, Tyrell and Gabriel are prepared to restore peace to the community Ray destroyed.

61emDK1ib5L.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir

A Michelle Yeoh super hero movie, and also one with Kim Catrall? Sounds great. But the one movie that really stands out to me here is Snake Crane Secret. A movie that has been included in almost every multi pack ever made!!

ShaOW!linDude

I agree with Morgoth, though apparently I don't have a copy of Snake Crane Secret in any form.:tongue: If this is super cheap, I might consider getting it.

I agree with Morgoth, though apparently I don't have a copy of Snake Crane Secret in any form.:tongue: If this is super cheap, I might consider getting it.

If I had known that, I would've included it, too.

ShaOW!linDude
If I had known that, I would've included it, too.

D'oh!!! Oh, well. No complaints from me. I'll be happy with whatever you put in there.

Morgoth Bauglir

Just to be clear, the reason Snake Crane Secret stands out to me is because it's been released so many times, not because it's good. It's an ok movie but don't expect much. It's better than Silver Hawk.

One Armed Boxer

Just checked the multi-packs that I own....sure enough, turns out I have 'Snake Crane Secret' twice! Never watched it though.

The promise of 'A beautiful secret agent.....brought back to life as an artificial superhuman' makes me think there's a possibility of owning it a third time! Perhaps they should have advertised this as a set that features Kim Cattrall as a female robocop, and have 'Silver Hawk' as one of the 4 bonus movies!?:tongue:

ShaOW!linDude
The promise of 'A beautiful secret agent.....brought back to life as an artificial superhuman' makes me think there's a possibility of owning it a third time! Perhaps they should have advertised this as a set that features Kim Cattrall as a female robocop, and have 'Silver Hawk' as one of the 4 bonus movies!?:tongue:

Heard that!:tongue:

Archived