Vengeance Of A Snow Girl/Lo Wei: When was it made?

mpm74

Okay, I realize it was made in 1971, but was it made AFTER The Big Boss?

Do all of Lo Wei's movies, particularly for the Shaw Brothers, look this good? (budget, etc?) Or, did they give him a big budget in regards to his work on the successful The Big Boss?

Also, was it his last movie for Shaw Brothers? I see that he was juggling around between both studios...

I'm curious about Lo Wei's pre-Golden Harvest/Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan period. Any additional information in this area would also be helpful!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I glanced over imdb.com to get filmography info, but I don't fully trust that website when it comes to foreign movies.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I think Lo Wei has some great films under his belt especially in the Shaw Bros. years. Black Butterfly being one of my faves.

Yang Wu Liang

True, he's got some decent films under his belt although he's mostly associated with low budget stinkers - Raw Courage, Dragon Swamp, Shadow Whip, Brothers 5 are all excellent films. Even a few of his early GH ones are ok like Hurricane. LOL seems the quality of his films started going downhill when he started working with Bruce Lee!

TibetanWhiteCrane
True, he's got some decent films under his belt although he's mostly associated with low budget stinkers - Raw Courage, Dragon Swamp, Shadow Whip, Brothers 5 are all excellent films. Even a few of his early GH ones are ok like Hurricane. LOL seems the quality of his films started going downhill when he started working with Bruce Lee!

:D... Curious...

Cool, thanks guys. But still, anyone know if he still continued to make Shaw Bros. films AFTER Big Boss? imdb.com lists "Snowgirl" after The Big Boss.... just wondering what movie came first.

Cool, thanks guys. But still, anyone know if he still continued to make Shaw Bros. films AFTER Big Boss? imdb.com lists "Snowgirl" after The Big Boss.... just wondering what movie came first.

IMDb is a great resource - but not always for these films.

Plus their listings are release dates and not production dates.

The actual (HK) release dates went: Snow 10/29/71 and Boss 10/31/71.

(Not sure where IMDB is getting 10/3 date from (typo?) - but HKFA and HKMDb both list it as 10/31).

Have to see if I have any scans from '71 that mention Snow.

I'm sure some of the BL heads know more about the prod dates for Boss.

Thanks, teako170.

Big help. I'm going to assume that Snow was made a little before Big Boss. Until I hear otherwise. =)

Killer Meteor
1969? So it took this movie took nearly 2 years to finally release?

Quite a few Shaws took a while to get released after completion - All Men Are Brothers is a good example. Likely they deliberatly kept a back log handy.

Archived